Welcome to 4th and Goal, hosted by Michael Stephens and Nate Davis! Week one of the fantasy season has already begun, but aside from the information pertaining to the screwy Thursday evening NFL season opener, the hosts of 4th and Goal bring you their first structured, weekly episode of their show to provide you with the most up-to-date information on injury news, player updates, and Cafe postings and much, much more! After picking some head-to-head matchups between fringe starters and flex plays, we will even make some picks against the spread for you betting types! There’s a lot packed into this first 16-minute episode, so you’d better call your best play or hit the showers, cause it’s 4th and Goal!
OK, this time we promise…Next week, we should have a theme song and segment intros in place! We ran out of time on the short week and figured we’d get you everything you need before the first week of the fantasy and NFL season, and then dress everything up as soon as we can – look forward to many upgrades and changes throughout the year – we hope you’ll join us (and tell your friends) every week for 4h and Goal!
• Hosts: Michael and Nate
• 4th and Goal is brought to you by the Fantasy Football Cafe
• The show will come to you “live” every Friday morning (until the Thursday games, then we’ll move to Wednesday nights or Thursday mornings)
• Tweet with us, at 4thandG
• Have fantasy questions? Email us at email@example.com
• Flea Flickers – two e-mails for the first weekly show!
• A roster rating and a potential change before Sunday’s games
• A tough RB situation with a rather simplistic answer
• Wounded Ducks – Quarterbacks that might not make it under center, dinged-up ball carriers, IDP injuries and more!
• In the News – positional battles settled, but some maybe only for one week
• Four posts from the Cafe’s Start & Sit boards with advice, commentary and a little bit of extra pizazz
• Dueling quarterbacks – which one gets the nod?
• We promise, we aren’t even Bengal fans, but we just have a feeling…
• The first disagreement of the year! An RB2 vs. a WR3 as a flex play
• For at least one week, this guy might ascend to a godlike status
WOULD YOU RATHER
• You might be able to stump this Schaub if you travel to Philly
• Rice tastes better than you might think
• At least this guy knows the playbook!
• This guy is a Keller compared to the other option
• I’d rather be a saint than a big, angry cat
LOCKS AND FLOPS
• Three guys each host loves for the upcoming week
• And three that they equally detest (it’s not personal, it’s just business! Or so the saying goes…)
AGAINST THE SPREAD
• Three picks against the spread – we make no guarantees, until we start getting them all right at least!
• Two over/under props – we’d love to take suggestions from listeners, but for now we went for high-scoring affairs!
• Thank yous
• Check out the Fantasy Football Cafe
• Tweet with us, at 4thandG
• E-mail your fantasy questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Click here to access our feed (or copy-paste the URL and subscribe via iTunes)
• Look forward to our next show (episode #2), which airs 9/18/09!
Michael Stephens is an avid fantasy sports enthusiast who writes for the Cafe. He hails from the Pacific Northwest and is a die-hard Seahawk and Mariner fan to the core! You can find Michael in the Cafe's forums where he actively posts under the name WaCougMBS.
Want to write for the Cafe? Check out the Cafe's Pencil & Paper section!