Welcome to 4th and Goal, hosted by Michael Stephens and Nate Davis! You read all of the magazines you could find, you browsed the Internet until your pupils were fried, and you even listened to some of the crazy theories “that guy” at work has been throwing around about fantasy draft strategy, but do you still feel lost? Feel like you need that last bit of help to put you over the top? Well, help has arrived – it’s time for your own personal Statue of Liberty…it’s time for 4th and Goal! In the inagural episode of the Fantasy Football Cafe’s podcast, we will break down our proven draft strategies, favorite sleepers, impact rookies, IDP guys to keep an eye on and much much more – we hope you enjoy this show and that you tune in next Friday when the real action begins – you’d better call your best play or hit the showers, cause it’s 4th and Goal!
Next week, we should have a theme song and segment intros in place, but with a limited time table and a show that’s all about info, we figured we’d get you all the “white meat” before you drafts this week, and then we’ll improve as we go on – look forward to many upgrades and changes throughout the year – we hope you’ll join us (and tell your friends) every week for 4h and Goal!
• Hosts: Michael and Nate
• 4th and Goal is published on Fantasy Cafe Radio
• And it’s brought to you by the Fantasy Football Cafe
• The show will come to you “live” every Friday morning
• Tweet with us, at 4thandG
• Have fantasy questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
QUICK SLANTS (DRAFT STRATEGY)
• Follow the book at first.
• Make sure you give the runs, don’t get them.
• Have a handle on player situations, etc…
• Make a system, and stick to it!
• Depth is a good thing, but so is winning!
• A new draft tool that is GUARANTEED to help put you over the top!
• Pay attention IDPers!
TO BUY OR NOT TO BUY
• Five guys the media outlets love that we love too.
• Five more they love that we just can’t stand.
• Nate likes his running backs.
• Michael does too, but he adds a few deep sleepers.
• Each host picks five offensive players who will blow up.
• And also five guys who you will wish you hadn’t drafted.
• There’s plenty of IDP love/hate to go around too!
• Take fliers once you’re filled up – get the guys YOU want!
• Five guys Michael thinks are worth a flier.
• Nate would love to own these five with his last five picks!
• Thank yous
• Check out the Fantasy Football Cafe
• Tweet with us, at 4thandG
• E-mail your fantasy questions to email@example.com
• Check out our website: Fantasy Cafe Radio
• Click here to access our feed (or copy-paste the URL and subscribe via iTunes)
• Look forward to our next show (episode one!), which airs 9/11/09!
Michael Stephens is an avid fantasy sports enthusiast who writes for the Cafe. He hails from the Pacific Northwest and is a die-hard Seahawk and Mariner fan to the core! You can find Michael in the Cafe's forums where he actively posts under the name WaCougMBS.
Want to write for the Cafe? Check out the Cafe's Pencil & Paper section!