Do you like to pair your QB with his WR or RB? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Do you like to pair your QB with his WR or RB?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Do you like to pair your QB with his WR or RB

Yes
37%
No
63%

Total votes : 49

Do you like to pair your QB with his WR or RB?

Postby PapaPark » Wed May 30, 2007 4:40 pm

For an example:

Peyton Manning and Addai

or

Peyton Manning and Harrison

Please explain answer.
PapaPark
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby treat24 » Wed May 30, 2007 4:41 pm

i like those pairs... i go by players... not their pair...

but QB/WR makes sense...

QB/RB doesn't...
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby mrblitz » Wed May 30, 2007 4:41 pm

I think it really depends on who the QB -WR combo is. I usually steer away from it. But I don't mind a QB-RB combo.

Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby treat24 » Wed May 30, 2007 4:42 pm

mrblitz wrote:I think it really depends on who the QB -WR combo is. I usually steer away from it. But I don't mind a QB-RB combo.

I don't get what difference it makes...

I just like having the best possible players...

I understand QB-WR in a weak matchup...
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby onnestabe » Wed May 30, 2007 4:44 pm

I don't really try to pair them, nor do I avoid pairing them. I agree that it doesn't really make sense to try to pair a QB with a RB in most circumstances.
onnestabe
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby Dawinner127 » Wed May 30, 2007 4:45 pm

To be honest, I really couldn't care less. I like the best players who I can get at that time ;-D
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 69)

Postby 011472 » Wed May 30, 2007 4:46 pm

Do you see QB-WR as a successful strategy? It seems to me like it would be all or nothing. If Palmer doesn't put up many point, chances are Housh won't either.
Head Coach
Head Coach

Matchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Plindsey88 » Wed May 30, 2007 4:48 pm

One of my main strategies is to pair the QB and RB from a high powered offense together... Preferably a back that catches lots of passes...

I destroyed many a league with the Manning/Edge combo, and these days I am making a killing with the Bulger/Jackson combo...

With offenses like that it's rare that both the QB and the RB have a bad day... If one has a bad day the other usually bails you out... And, quite frequently, if you pick the right combo, they will both have awesome days...

The trick is picking the offense... Palmer and Rudi is a decent combo, but not as good as the others because Rudi doesn't catch a lot of passes....

Once Deuce is gone the Brees/Bush combo will be worth its weight in fantasy gold...
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby onnestabe » Wed May 30, 2007 4:57 pm

Plindsey88 wrote:One of my main strategies is to pair the QB and RB from a high powered offense together... Preferably a back that catches lots of passes...

I destroyed many a league with the Manning/Edge combo, and these days I am making a killing with the Bulger/Jackson combo...

With offenses like that it's rare that both the QB and the RB have a bad day... If one has a bad day the other usually bails you out... And, quite frequently, if you pick the right combo, they will both have awesome days...

The trick is picking the offense... Palmer and Rudi is a decent combo, but not as good as the others because Rudi doesn't catch a lot of passes....

Once Deuce is gone the Brees/Bush combo will be worth its weight in fantasy gold...

What do you think about the Eli/Jacobs combo? ;-7 ;-7 :-b
onnestabe
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby joelamosobadiah » Wed May 30, 2007 6:06 pm

Plindsey88 wrote:One of my main strategies is to pair the QB and RB from a high powered offense together... Preferably a back that catches lots of passes...

Great post. In a recent cafe mock draft I landed Steven Jackson and Bulger and I really like the thought, but at the same time I didn't know if it was too risky. If it comes down to a tie between two WR's or QB's and I have their pair, I will usually tend to lean away from that because that WR isn't getting any stats if the QB isn't getting any. With a RB I see it as more of an insurance thing than anything. :-? ;-D
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk