Yahoo stat correction Jacksonville DEF - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Yahoo stat correction Jacksonville DEF

Moderator: Football Moderators

Yahoo stat correction Jacksonville DEF

Postby mthomas720 » Sat Sep 15, 2007 3:30 pm

Yahoo put up a stat correction today that says that the Jacksonville DEF recovered a fumble...this is unfortunate for 2 reasons. 1)I had won my matchup by 1 point, but after that, I lost by 1 and 2)Both NFL.com and ESPN.com say that Tennesee didn't lose any fumbles. Can I protest this with Yahoo somehow??? Any help??

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/drivechar ... &week=REG1
http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=270909030
Props to sigmaker for the sig

"It's not whether you get knocked down, it's whether you get up." - Vince Lombardi
mthomas720
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Yahoo stat correction Jacksonville DEF

Postby mthomas720 » Sat Sep 15, 2007 3:44 pm

I found a place to send an e-mail with a scoring dispute...hopefully this gets corrected

"It's not whether you get knocked down, it's whether you get up." - Vince Lombardi
mthomas720
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Shock6822 » Sat Sep 15, 2007 7:47 pm

nfl.com says Lendale White has a fumble on his stats page, I'm just assuming that's why Yahoo changed it and maybe they just didn't update the play by play
GO PATRIOTS!
Shock6822
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mthomas720 » Sat Sep 15, 2007 8:57 pm

Yeah I understand that he fumbled but we only get points for recovered fumbles, not forced fumbles and if you check the ESPN link it specifically says, about halfway down, 0 fumbles lost for Tennessee...also on both sites there was no Tennessee drive that ended with a lost fumble...I don't see what other possibility there could be

mthomas720
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Shock6822 » Sat Sep 15, 2007 9:10 pm

mthomas720 wrote:Yeah I understand that he fumbled but we only get points for recovered fumbles, not forced fumbles and if you check the ESPN link it specifically says, about halfway down, 0 fumbles lost for Tennessee...also on both sites there was no Tennessee drive that ended with a lost fumble...I don't see what other possibility there could be

ESPN may not have updated it...I'm just going by nfl.com's stat page which says White now lost a fumble, which is the official statbook that Yahoo uses...not ESPN, fox or anything
GO PATRIOTS!
Shock6822
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mthomas720 » Sat Sep 15, 2007 9:39 pm

I see now that LenDale White's stat page shows a lost fumble...but it doesn't show up anywhere else in the game log on NFL.com....I even checked the play-by-play, every fumble is recovered by Tennessee, both Tennessee's own fumbles and Jacksonville's fumbles. The fact that it shows up on White's page might explain why Yahoo made that correction, but there must be a mistake. How can it show up in only that one place and nowhere else? I'm stumped....

mthomas720
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby mthomas720 » Sat Sep 15, 2007 9:48 pm

Add Yahoo Sports, CBS, Fox, and USA Today to the sites that show no lost fumbles for Tennessee.

mthomas720
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Turnip » Sat Sep 15, 2007 11:29 pm

I did not see the game, but my friend did see it, and he says the play in question was a 4th and goal from the 1. Lendale fumbled, the Jaguars' Sensabaugh recovered, and was down by contact. (He tried to run towards the end zone but he was ruled down). Thus, it would be correct to call it a lost fumble. The announcers apparently said it was a fumble recovered by Sensabaugh as well.
Turnip
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mthomas720 » Sat Sep 15, 2007 11:50 pm

Turnip wrote:I did not see the game, but my friend did see it, and he says the play in question was a 4th and goal from the 1. Lendale fumbled, the Jaguars' Sensabaugh recovered, and was down by contact. (He tried to run towards the end zone but he was ruled down). Thus, it would be correct to call it a lost fumble. The announcers apparently said it was a fumble recovered by Sensabaugh as well.

I'm confused...was White down by contact or Sensabaugh?

mthomas720
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Football Talk