Ryan Leaf in the news!!!!!!!!!!!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Ryan Leaf in the news!!!!!!!!!!!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Ryan Leaf in the news!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby Nfl Fan » Fri May 22, 2009 1:01 am

Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Ryan Leaf in the news!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby bungle613 » Fri May 22, 2009 7:37 am

Best as I can figure it just from his NFL salary he made 14-18 mil in his 4 years. That is 10 years ago. So, 16 mil gone and now robbing houses and lying to get prescriptions... quality life Ryan, quality life.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Metroid » Fri May 22, 2009 9:40 am

Wow how far he has fallen....I kinda feel bad for him actually.
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby moochman » Fri May 22, 2009 9:49 am

Metroid wrote:Wow how far he has fallen....I kinda feel bad for him actually.

Exactly. It's easy to hate, but the dude obviously has issues that were never appropriately addressed. It's a shame the league doesn't take a more involved stance with players who need life-skills help.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby joejlitz » Fri May 22, 2009 12:19 pm

A story like this makes me feel blessed that no one in my family has any addictions. The stupid things it makes you do are just horrible. :-{
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby stomperrob » Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:57 pm

HELENA, Mont. — Former NFL quarterback Ryan Leaf was arrested again Monday, just days after he posted bail on similar charges that he burglarized a home and stole prescription drugs, authorities said.

Leaf was first arrested on Friday after police found oxycodone pills in his golf bag that an acquaintance later said Leaf stole from his home. Then early Monday, three days after posting a $76,000 bond, he was arrested again, Central Montana Drug Task Force Commander Chris Hickman said.

"It's based on a burglary that happened yesterday afternoon after he bailed out," Hickman said.

Leaf was scheduled to make an initial court appearance in Great Falls on Monday afternoon on two felony counts of burglary, two felony counts of criminal possession of a dangerous drug, two misdemeanor counts of theft and a probation violation.

more: http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2012/apr ... n-montana/
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby stomperrob » Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:05 pm

...and of course it gets worse:
Ryan Leaf -- the No. 2 overall pick in the 1998 NFL Draft -- has two warrants out for his arrest and has been declared a fugitive from justice by the state of Texas, according to The Associated Press.

The Texas prosecutor who brokered a 10-year probationary sentence for Leaf two years ago on drug and burglary charges filed a motion to revoke Leaf's probation earlier this month. The warrants were issued Monday with the total bond now set at $126,000.

Leaf's situation is made more complicated because he has ongoing legal matters in two different states. He was arrested on March 30 and again on April 2 in Montana for breaking into homes to steal oxycodone. Leaf is jailed without bond on a 30-day hold to allow prosecutors in Montana and Texas to sort through the separate cases

more: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8 ... e-in-texas
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby stomperrob » Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:25 pm

It never ends:

Ryan Leaf kicked out of drug treatment center
By The Associated Press 11:02 a.m.Jan. 17, 2013

GREAT FALLS, Mont. — Former NFL quarterback Ryan Leaf has been moved from a central Montana drug treatment center to the state prison in Deer Lodge.

Regional probation and parole administrator Dawn Handa told the Great Falls Tribune ( http://gftrib.com/S9tNVc ) on Thursday that Leaf was terminated from the Nexus Treatment Center in Lewistown after violating the conditions of the placement, including threatening a staff member.

Leaf was charged with breaking into two houses and stealing prescription painkillers. He pleaded guilty to burglary and criminal possession of dangerous drugs. He was sentenced in June to five years with the Department of Corrections with the recommendation that he spend the first nine months in a locked drug treatment facility.

Leaf also faces the revocation of a 10-year probationary sentence for a 2010 drug and burglary conviction in Texas.

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2013/jan ... nt-center/
stomperrob

Postby m16a » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:12 am

Sheesh. At first it was kinda ironic and funny in a schadenfreude kinda way, but at this point, I really do feel bad for the guy. No one should have to go through all that, let alone someone who was once told he was gonna be so very big. Hope he gets his life turned around before he ends up dead in the street somewhere. :-t
Props to Deluxe for the sig
There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.
- Goethe
m16a

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby moochman » Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:07 pm

m16a wrote:Sheesh. At first it was kinda ironic and funny in a schadenfreude kinda way, but at this point, I really do feel bad for the guy. No one should have to go through all that, let alone someone who was once told he was gonna be so very big. Hope he gets his life turned around before he ends up dead in the street somewhere. :-t

I have always said that I've no idea how so many of the guys, growing up treated like demi-gods, manage not to end up ruining their lives. On a level most of us mortals rarely think about it takes a freakish dedication to stay on course as a professional athlete.
Its a shame that he hasn't taken advantage of the many chances he's had to set his life straight.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Next

Return to Football Talk