Cafe no longer withering; sets record for most users online - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Cafe no longer withering; sets record for most users online

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Is the Cafe withering?

Postby dgan » Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:19 am

I used to work third shift and spend about 5 hours/night on the Cafe which helped me stay awake. I was basically getting paid to chat about fantasy football...go figure. Now I have a day job so my time is much more limited...

Also, this Cafe is just too damn informative. I feel like I have a good grasp of what I'm doing these days and don't feel a NEED to discuss a plethora of topics. I still enjoy it and when I have the time, I will. But I don't have that panic moment when putting together my draft board when I say, "Crap, I don't know about this. Hurry Robin - to the Cafe!"

Once the season begins, I utilize the Cafe much more for injury and player update info. But preseason...it is more of a luxury. And these days, many of us don't have time or money for luxuries.
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mookie4ever » Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:52 pm

Is it a good sign that a tread about the Cafe withering gets over 60 posts and a thousand views?

"I think that gay marriage should be something between a man and a woman" Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeBaseball ModHockey ModBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby scottaa1 » Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:27 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:Is it a good sign that a tread about the Cafe withering gets over 60 posts and a thousand views?

Wow, somehow I read that as 'a thousand wives.' Something's withering all right... I need a trip to Vegas.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby smackthefirst » Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:05 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:Is it a good sign that a tread about the Cafe withering gets over 60 posts and a thousand views?

That's just it and I love it. The cafe will never wither. We simply consolidate and get stronger for the next season. :-)
My Playoff Team - Please Comment
MSchaub, DMcNabb, JFreeman, KKolb
SJackson, THightower, CWells, JForsett, JSnelling, CJennings, QGanther
RWayne, RMoss, RMeachem, MCrabtree, DBowe
VDavis
smackthefirst
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics ExpertEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby Kareighuis » Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:11 pm

scottaa1 wrote:

Wow, somehow I read that as 'a thousand wives.' Something's withering all right... I need a trip to Vegas.

Well, 1000/60=16.6. So, 17 wives per poster?!?
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)

Postby bungle613 » Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:46 pm

Kareighuis wrote:
scottaa1 wrote:

Well, 1000/60=16.6. So, 17 wives per poster?!?

NO interest in 17 wives for me, I'll take 8, you guys can hold a draft for my extra 9 or do they just go straight to the waiver wire?
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby aaawall91 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:18 am

Can i just sign my whole wive team of undrafted free agents? Young...out of college and something to prove ;-D
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 62)

Postby joejlitz » Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:38 am

smackthefirst wrote:

That's just it and I love it. The cafe will never wither. We simply consolidate and get stronger for the next season. :-)

"We don't die, we multiply!" :-D
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby bobbing_headz » Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:32 pm

Ha, this is usually the time I get bored of baseball and come back here from my vacation. Just wait for the rest of the flock to fly in ;-)
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby mattUTD20 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:35 pm

YEAR NEW MEMBERS
2002 - 636
2003 - 4124
2004 - 7863
2005 - 9294
2006 - 11875
2007 - 9505
2008 - 8386
2009 - 2984

You can pretty much ignore the 2002 and 2009 data points on there because they are only partial years.
"Maurice Jones-Drew, below the waist, is incredible." Mike Mayock

Cafe Leagues

Eat Cheese Dynasty (Owner: 2 year) CuYr: 2 PvYr: 1
Ball Breakers Keeper (Owner: 2 year) CuYr: 3 PvYr: 2
4th and Goal Dynasty (Owner: 2 year) CuYr: 2 PvYr: 9
mattUTD20
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk