Randall Cobb -- Top 5-WR in 2013? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Randall Cobb -- Top 5-WR in 2013?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Randall Cobb -- Top 5-WR in 2013?

Postby Dawinner127 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:39 pm

Anyone else love this guy this year? I feel like there isn't much hype with him and not many people are talking about him. With the departure of Jennings and Driver, I can seriously see this guy posting 100 catches. Rodgers has come out and said that he believes Cobb can catch 100 balls as well. I personally think Jones' touchdowns will come down from 14 and they have to go somewhere, hopefully to Randall.

He finished with 80 - 954 and 8. I don't think 100 - 1200 and 8/10 are out of the question.
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 70)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Randall Cobb -- Top 5-WR in 2013?

Postby CheatSheetWarRoom » Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:43 pm

Top 5 would be a tall order because of the way that Aaron Rodgers spreads the ball around. James Jones, Jordy Nelson, & Finley will each see a large number of targets as well. Cobb has the largest number of targets last year for Green Bay with 104, so 100 catches may be a tall order. But with Jennings gone that's another 62 targets for the starters to absorb, so it may not be out of the question.

Cobb isn't a household name yet so I'm hoping I can get some good value for him myself.
Create customized rankings on an interactive, web-based cheat sheet.
http://www.cheatsheetwarroom.com
CheatSheetWarRoom
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

(Past Year: 1)

Postby Guru13 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:16 pm

I hope so, but top-5 seems lofty. He's got all the potential in the world but as mentioned, Rodgers likes to spread the ball around and one would have to assume they'll run the ball a little more this year. Maybe not a ton, but they didn't draft Lacy and Franklin for no reason.
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Sex Panther » Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:53 pm

He's a WR1 no doubt IMO,but no way he muscles his way was into Megatron, Dez, Green, Marshall, Julio, or Thomas IMO.

Part of that next group w/ Harvin, Fitzgerald, VJax, Cruz, Andre, White IMO
Kate Upton's Husband - dead
Mr. Blonde - champ
Yo Soy Fiesta - dead
Old South - champ
Full of Fanta Tonight - champ
Sex Panther (SB) - dead
Sex Panther (FF) - dead
Sex Panther (IBL) - dead
Sex Panther (Dynasty) dead
Sex Panther
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Wolfpac11680 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:03 pm

Great weapon, top 10 WR. The ONLY way he gets top 5 is if he just happens to catch a TD per game along with all the receptions and yards. But Rodgers spreads the ball around too much and they have a good enough defense that they won't be throwing the entire 2nd half (please see Johnson, Calvin)
Wolfpac11680
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 2)

Postby murphysxm » Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:01 pm

I ironically lump him in the Shane Vereen over-hyped bucket. Really like Cobb, but don't see myself owning him based on his ADP
murphysxm

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 212)

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:29 pm

I would put him top 10. I feel 5 is a bit of a stretch but there is an outside chance it can happen. I dont think he will get many return yards this year. I read that he would be more focused on being a WR this year. He might go a little higher that I would like to see in drafts this year
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Return to Football Talk