Trevor Gaylor - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Trevor Gaylor

Moderator: Football Moderators

Trevor Gaylor

Postby barneyk9999 » Wed Nov 20, 2002 7:58 pm

Vick compared this guy to T Owens. Does he have that kind of upside potential and what are the chances of seeing that this year?
barneyk9999
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Postby JayM09 » Wed Nov 20, 2002 8:24 pm

thats some comparison there, i mean after one good game. i dont know about the next TO, but he does have the size and speed to be a factor in the weeks to come. we will just have to wait and see...
JayM09
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby joester » Fri Nov 22, 2002 5:14 pm

Vick thinks he is all great now because he caught a long TD. He is not the next terrell owens. Gaylor can not even be mentioned in the paragraph as owens. If terrell heard that there would be some major words exchanged. Personally i think he is a one game wonder
joester
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Guttpuppy » Fri Nov 22, 2002 5:26 pm

I'm goin' with big joe on this one.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Gaylor revisited

Postby barneyk9999 » Fri Nov 22, 2002 6:13 pm

Guttpuppy wrote:I'm goin' with big joe on this one.

Vick's comments came about 2-3 weeks ago before he caught the TD. Vick was impressed with the progress Gaylor was making in practice. Does anyone doubt that Vick would throw it more if he had better receivers? Every hi-lite I see shows him trying to pass first, then running. I watched him in college and he can pass! I think that it is possible that if he does stay hot and Vick gets in sync with him, they will make each other better. Just how much remains to be seen. For my part I am watching him carefully the rest of this year because he has at least as much upside potential as say Chad Johnson and perhaps much more.
barneyk9999
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby barneyk9999 » Fri Nov 22, 2002 6:19 pm

joester wrote:Vick thinks he is all great now because he caught a long TD. He is not the next terrell owens. Gaylor can not even be mentioned in the paragraph as owens. If terrell heard that there would be some major words exchanged. Personally i think he is a one game wonder

Vick was not saying Gaylor was at TO's level now, just that he had that kind of potential.
barneyk9999
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby joester » Fri Nov 22, 2002 6:48 pm

I undertsand that but he does not have TO type position. Owens is the best power receiver in the league hands down. Times gaylor by like 10 and divide owens by like 5 and gaylor is almost, almost as good as TO
joester
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Guttpuppy » Fri Nov 22, 2002 7:57 pm

We could list many WRs in the NFL that have potential.As far a Johnson goes,he has proved to be a much better reciever than Gaylor,this year anyway.I guess it's good that Vick has faith in him though,at least you know he'll be looking for him.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby awwchrist » Fri Nov 22, 2002 9:37 pm

But as far as fantasy football goes, there's absolutely nothing wrong with taking a flyer out on him.

Vick talks good about him in the press.
Vick has really no go to guy at the WR spot.
Vick needs to throw the ball to someone right?

If you can bury him on your bench and see if he sprouts in the next couple weeks then good on ya! i picked him up on Monday.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby barneyk9999 » Fri Nov 22, 2002 10:37 pm

awwchrist wrote:But as far as fantasy football goes, there's absolutely nothing wrong with taking a flyer out on him.

Vick talks good about him in the press.
Vick has really no go to guy at the WR spot.
Vick needs to throw the ball to someone right?

If you can bury him on your bench and see if he sprouts in the next couple weeks then good on ya! i picked him up on Monday.

That's the point. What matters is that Vick believes in him and Atlanta has to improve their D and give Vick some options in order to go anywhere in the playoffs. I think if you gave Gaylor the number of touches that even say Chad Johnson gets, he might get similar numbers. Check his stats - he hasn't had the ball. Vick hasn't thrown it because he has no one to throw to. This combo may just heat up at the right time. I have had Vick all year, he was my last pick. I rode Bledsoe and sometimes Griese most of the year. I had to start Bledsoe this week probably for the last time. My gues is that I will not be tempted to bench Vick again. One way that can happen is if he gets a hot receiver and in Atlanta that has to be Gaylor. He is going to ride my bench too.
barneyk9999
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Next

Return to Football Talk