Former PSU coach arrested, 2 charged in Molestation Case - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Former PSU coach arrested, 2 charged in Molestation Case

Moderator: Football Moderators

Former PSU coach arrested, 2 charged in Molestation Case

Postby eagles21 » Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:29 pm

http://espn.go.com/college-football/sto ... y-sex-case

Being a current student at Penn State, this is very upsetting. Reading through the Grand Jury report about what Sandusky did to those young boys is absolutely awful. We'll see how this plays out, but it does not look good at all right now. Not very proud to a Penn Stater today.
eagles21
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Former PSU coach arrested, 2 charged in Molestation Case

Postby stomperrob » Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:27 pm

The evidence so far is pretty damning - Sandusky is a major slimeball - people like him should be placed in jail until the day he dies or should be executed.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/06/12/justice/p ... index.html
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby stomperrob » Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:11 am

And it appears he'll never be free again - he was found guilty on 45 counts and is awaiting sentencing (he's facing 440 years in custody) - it's good that this low-life will never be able to hurt another child again.

Sandusky found guilty on child sex abuse charges; appeal expected
By the CNN Wire Staff
updated 10:59 AM EDT, Sat June 23, 2012

Bellefonte, Pennsylvania (CNN) -- Former Penn State assistant football coach Jerry Sandusky will likely spend the rest of his life behind bars after a jury convicted him on 45 of 48 counts related to sexual abuse of boys, ending a painful chapter for victims and the entire university.

But the ordeal is not over, as Sandusky's defense team announced plans to appeal despite the mountain of convictions against his client.

"If you win on one of the appeal issues, everything probably falls," attorney Joe Amendola said. "So all we have to do is convince an appellate court that one of the issues that we will raise is worthy of a reversal. ... It doesn't matter, it could be 100 counts, and it would still all come back if an appeal is granted."

His co-counsel, Karl Rominger, cited questionable court decisions during the trial as grounds for appeal.

"The judge was very fair to us on many levels, but there were a lot of unique legal issues where he made rulings that could be overturned, not because they were, per se, wrong, but because the law in the area was so unclear," Rominger said.

con't...

more: http://www.cnn.com/2012/06/23/justice/p ... ?hpt=hp_t1
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby WaCougMBS » Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:56 pm

Good riddance, sicko %-6 :-P
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby scottaa1 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:45 am

Jailed thugs locked up alongside serial child molester Jerry Sandusky ridiculed him during his first stint at Centre County Correctional Facility in December, singing lyrics from a Pink Floyd song: "Hey, teacher! Leave those kids alone!" according to a report..

http://m.nydailynews.com/1.1101791
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby stomperrob » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:35 am

scottaa1 wrote:
Jailed thugs locked up alongside serial child molester Jerry Sandusky ridiculed him during his first stint at Centre County Correctional Facility in December, singing lyrics from a Pink Floyd song: "Hey, teacher! Leave those kids alone!" according to a report..

http://m.nydailynews.com/1.1101791

I was kinda hoping they might have a different kind of welcome for him!
stomperrob

Postby Indibuck » Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:41 am

I think the president, VP, and AD all need to do some jail time for what was uncovered in that Freeh report.

It is absolutely vile what was done at Penn State in regards to the coverup to "protect the program".

If this isn't Lack of Institutional Control, I don't know what is. But I think the NCAA needs to hammer the Penn State program.

I feel bad for the Penn State fans. Their beloved head coach who was beyond reproach turns out to be a control monger who knew about the Sandusky stuff all along and helped cover it up. And now you have a program with a new HC, new staff, and potential NCAA punishments coming. It's going to be incredibly difficult to recruit to your program for a long time... the Penn State program deserves it, but their fans don't.
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 157)

Postby stomperrob » Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:39 pm

Indibuck wrote:I think the president, VP, and AD all need to do some jail time for what was uncovered in that Freeh report.

It is absolutely vile what was done at Penn State in regards to the coverup to "protect the program".

If this isn't Lack of Institutional Control, I don't know what is. But I think the NCAA needs to hammer the Penn State program.

I feel bad for the Penn State fans. Their beloved head coach who was beyond reproach turns out to be a control monger who knew about the Sandusky stuff all along and helped cover it up. And now you have a program with a new HC, new staff, and potential NCAA punishments coming. It's going to be incredibly difficult to recruit to your program for a long time... the Penn State program deserves it, but their fans don't.

Def a sad case that so many people who were aware of the problem did nothing, thereby enabling Sandusky to continue to abuse children.

I have mixed feelings regarding punishing PSU - because everyone involved has been fired, sanctions against the football program will only punish the players as everyone else is gone. Not sure how this should be handled.
stomperrob

Postby Indibuck » Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:13 pm

stomperrob wrote:
Indibuck wrote:I think the president, VP, and AD all need to do some jail time for what was uncovered in that Freeh report.

Def a sad case that so many people who were aware of the problem did nothing, thereby enabling Sandusky to continue to abuse children.

I have mixed feelings regarding punishing PSU - because everyone involved has been fired, sanctions against the football program will only punish the players as everyone else is gone. Not sure how this should be handled.

Unfortunately, that's how it always works. Why is Ohio State ineligible to play in a bowl this year? Their HC was fired; the players responsible for "tatgate" were suspended, and they are now all out of the program either by graduating or moving on. There is NO ONE left at Ohio State that was part of the scandal, yet they have no bowl game to play for this year and limited scholarships for the next several years. Same thing with USC and a bunch of other programs. It's the people that remain that get punished. This hypocrisy (and really, the NCAA has no other alternative... they have no authority to punish Terrell Pryor or Reggie Bush) is what has started to turn me away from the college game.
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 157)

Postby FantasySportsMaven » Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:57 pm

Well, then if we are to punish the millions of Penn Stater for the misdeeds of a few, then to do anything less in the rest of our lives is just hypocritical.

What coaches suspected that their players were raping or stealing or thugging and did nothing?
What parents suspected that their kids were committing crimes but did nothing?
What govt officials suspected or actually knew of their cronies committing crimes but did nothing or even acted to cover up their fellow officials or friends misdeeds?

When I start to see posts about immediately arresting the mom of his Colorado Batman mass murderer, then maybe I might give some credence to those who are so jealously anti-Penn State... and that includes all of us Penn Staters.
2011 FFB Totals
Terrible at everything, and a liar.
FantasySportsMaven
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to College Football