Complex Situation - Need Advice WHIR! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Complex Situation - Need Advice WHIR!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Complex Situation - Need Advice WHIR!

Postby InstinctiveBeast » Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:31 am

Hi all,

As we all know, Javhid best was recently placed on the IR list. This has caused some stir in my strategy for the end of the season. I am a long time football fan, first time fantasy participant and would like to finish the season off right. I am currently in 2nd place at 9-3. The first place player is also 9-3. The third place is a game out and playing the 1st place person this week. Meanwhile, I have a tough match-up and face the 1st place person next week. The following week is the playoffs and I would really like to get a bye. As you can see the situation is rather complex and exciting, which is why I must make decisions resulting in the most success. For the record, 8 person league without PPR. I'm looking for advice that will not only help me in week 13 but also for the rest of the season.

I dropped Javhid Best to pick up Antonio Brown.
I also dropped Shonn Greene for Roy Helu, but I'm not sure if this was the best decision and I might try to grab him again after waivers are up. The main reason I did this is because the 1st place person had Fred Jackson dropped and picked up Ryan Torain among other moves.

This is my team as it stands:

QB - Cam Newton
WR - Steve Smith
WR - Larry Fitzgerald
RB - DeMarco Murray
RB - Michael Bush
TE - Jimmy Graham
W/R/T - Roy Helu
BN - Adrian Peterson
BN - Kevin Smith
BN - DeSean Jackson
BN - Marques Colston
BN - Antonio Brown
BN - Torrey Smith
BN - Julio Jones
K - John Kasay
DEF - San Francisco

I'm wondering whether it would be wise to drop some WRs... My current thought is to drop Julio Jones and grab Shonn Greene back. However, Santana Moss, Reggie Wayne, Johnny Knox, and Pierre Thomas are others that I'm considering from free agency.

Any thoughts, comments, suggestions would be appreciated. Also, there are a bunch of other names in the FA pool as well if you think someone else is sleeper...

Thanks!
Last edited by InstinctiveBeast on Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
InstinctiveBeast
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Complex Situation - Looking for strategy advice

Postby InstinctiveBeast » Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:27 pm

Anyone? The waiver is up tomorrow, and I would hate to see Greene get snatched up by the 1st place guy if I wasn't right in dropping him... Any help is appreciated.
InstinctiveBeast
Water Boy
Water Boy

Re: Complex Situation - Need Advice WHIR!

Postby shreddy » Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:33 pm

Thanks for the help.

I would drop T. Smith for Greene and hold onto Helu (I think he's good in the flex and your starts look great.) Torrey is too hot and cold for me. You have plenty of talent at WR, but I wouldn't write off J. Jones yet. Put AP back in place of Bush when he's healthy and you've got a great shot at the title! I usually keep 2 Defenses on my team, but SF should be solid the rest of the season (Pitt maybe being the exception.)
shreddy
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby WhiteRob443 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:32 pm

Thanks for the help with mine man, and honestly a good looking team here ur RBs are good right now with Bush & Murray AP should be back in a week or 2 & Smith could return this week possibly but if ur gonna grab Greene Jones or Smith are ur only 2 really drop worthy players IMO, hope this helps man but Greene's a good play this week but u should get ur stud RB back as well as Smith who has alot of upside with Best done for the year
QB- M.Ryan & J.Cutler
RB- M.Lynch, D.Martin, M.Leshoure, & J.Stewart
WR- C.Johnson, J.Jones (ATL), A.Brown, K.Britt, & R.Cobb
TE- A.Hernandez & G.Olsen
K- M.Bryant
TDSP- Seahawks
WhiteRob443
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby moses5488 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:55 pm

drop T smith. Big play ability but huge gamble. Hes similar to Vjaxx
moses5488
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Pl3onner » Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:55 am

Hey Thanks for your help. I would probably drop T Smith to get Greene again, just to make your bench a little balanced. Helu seems like kind of a risky start, I'm struggling with the idea as well. Maybe if K Smith comes back?

You're team is looking really solid. Looks like you played the WW really well this year, congrats!
Pl3onner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby abby1 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:09 am

I would drop Smith for Green and hold on to Helu.
abby1
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby jonboycubs » Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:12 pm

One player I would for sure go for is P. Thomas, he seems to be getting more touches as the year goes on, of course this is in part due to injuries, but I believe in this guy for some reason and think he will finish the year strong. My opinion of course and thanks for the help on mine, good luck
jonboycubs
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions