DMC for Stafford or Newton? WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

DMC for Stafford or Newton? WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

DMC for Stafford or Newton? WHIR

Postby goose in my step » Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:03 am

romo has been killing me and is the reason why im 1-3 and not 3-1. other owner is my league has both stafford and newton and is in need for rb. good trade or stay put and keep faith in romo? he is playing for a contract so i was thinking he would step his game. not the case obviously
WHIR as always
this is the other owner's roster if i need to offer a better package, my team is in the sig
qb: newton, stafford
wr: t. smith, little, nelson, santana moss, d bess
rb: t rich, s jax, redman
te: gonzales pettigrew
goose in my step
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 185)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: DMC for Stafford or Newton? WHIR

Postby mycuccismells » Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:11 am

dont even think about doing that deal. First of all it leaves you with no real RB1, although Morris is looking good so far. Stay the course with Romo though, its not like Stafford has had an excellent start to his year either. Romo did great in week 1 but has definitely struggled the last few weeks. You have to remember that 2 of those 3 weeks were against Seattle and Chicago who are 2 of the best defenses in the league so the only big surprise is the Tampa game.

He has a tough matchup at Baltimore this week but after that he gets some games that should allow him to have some explosive numbers. Its been a rough start but i think his schedule gets much easier from here, start Ponder this week against a horrible Titans defense who is giving up around 20 PPG to QBs and then go back to Romo.
mycuccismells
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 378)

Postby riley yorkington » Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:17 am

I agree with the cucci above. Stick with Romo - he'll pick it up in a few weeks. For now, Ponder's a solid fill-in. If you are not willing to keep the faith in Romo, try and package DMC/Romo together and see if you can get an RB as well. So something like DMC/Romo for Cam/SJax.
riley yorkington
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby goose in my step » Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:29 am

what about romo/benjarvis/dmc for stafford/trich and a 3rd player
... im speaking to the other owner and he will need a back up qb for newton if we work out a deal
goose in my step
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

CafeholicResponse Team

Postby riley yorkington » Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:43 am

actually yeah that would work. i didn't see that you had alfred over there. i would rather trade morris than law firm, since i'd be more comfortable starting bge in the long run. staff/trich/sjax would be a good swap for you.
riley yorkington
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby LuckyLux16 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:56 am

I like the Romo/BGE or Morris/DMC for Stafford/Trich/and someone else. This would at least give you a RB1 to replace DMC. I can't imagine he would give up TRich and SJAx tho. Maybe
LuckyLux16
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby jay0582 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:58 am

thanks for the help with mine... I dont know how much of an opinion I have on the package you would need to send over, but I would go after stafford. I am just not a believer in Newton this year. DMC has under performed and has had a long injury past, but I still think he will end up being a stud this year... This one is tough, I would try to work out a deal without DMC if possible or try to work on a package that really gets you some more value back on top of stafford.
jay0582
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 2)

Postby mycuccismells » Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:03 pm

jay0582 wrote:thanks for the help with mine... I dont know how much of an opinion I have on the package you would need to send over, but I would go after stafford. I am just not a believer in Newton this year. DMC has under performed and has had a long injury past, but I still think he will end up being a stud this year... This one is tough, I would try to work out a deal without DMC if possible or try to work on a package that really gets you some more value back on top of stafford.

AI would agree with this guy about not trading DMC. His value is so low now that you are selling at $.75 on the $1, and i think his value will go up as the year goes on. You cant consider the injury past because if you were worried about that you wouldnt have drafted him. I dont agree with the people above saying Trent is a RB1, i have him in both of my leagues as a RB2 but even that worries me a bit because he has relied so heavily on TDs.

Definitely get rid of BJGE over Morris though, hes starting to fumble which was his calling card and the Bengals may lose a little faith in him if that continues while Morris is just improving. Seriously just stay pat, you are 100% fine with your QB situation and moving your RB1 to get a slight improvement at QB isnt worth it
mycuccismells
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 378)

Postby goose in my step » Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:46 pm

so since everyone is saying to keep DMC. should i offer green ellis/hartline/romo for stafford and smith. i would just play hartline/smith at wr2 and hope britt can get healthy
Last edited by goose in my step on Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
goose in my step
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

CafeholicResponse Team

Postby ob187 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:56 pm

No keep DMC

Help me out in return:
viewtopic.php?t=524486
ob187