Let the extortion begin!! ***100% WHIR*** - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Let the extortion begin!! ***100% WHIR***

Moderator: Football Moderators

Let the extortion begin!! ***100% WHIR***

Postby prophecy135 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:18 pm

So, I have Vick and Cutler, both concussed, neither looking like they will play this week. The sharks have set in and I've recieved trade offers, one to get Freeman at the expense of VJax, and another for Big Ben at the expense of Julio Jones.. Neither of these trades excite me, so I'm looking to the wire for help. Would Foles be an okay start for just this week? I can grab Locker to fill in after that and if Vick misses extended time.

Obviously both those trades are terrible for me, any other QBs I could consider, the wire is pretty barren.. Wilson, SF QBs, Weeden.. The rest of my roster is below, I don't mind trading a big name, but Freeman and Big Ben aren't the caliber of QB I think is fair value.

12 team PPR
QB: Vick, Cutler
RB: Foster, Ridley, Murray, LeShoure, Tate, D. Thomas
WR: Ju. Jones, A.J. Green, V. Jackson, A. Brown
TE: Hernandez, Bennett

Thanks for the help!!! Leave a link!

**Edit** new offer of Romo for VJax.

***Edit 2*** new more reasonable offer. I give LeShoure, I get Cam. Thoughts?
Last edited by prophecy135 on Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
prophecy135
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 206)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Let the extortion begin!! ***100% WHIR***

Postby murphysxm » Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:20 pm

I'd feel fine starting Foles against the Redskins this week. They can't stop anybody in the passing game
murphysxm

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 238)

Postby babiiverson » Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:22 pm

I agree, roll with Foles for the week. Redskins D is super banged up and Foles should be determined to bounce back from last night's dissapointing 2nd half as well as it being a division game.

I would've liked Caepernick for his rushing potential if they weren't playing the Bears.

thanks for helping out. Your answer is exactly what put me in my dilemma
babiiverson
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby prophecy135 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:42 pm

Bump for edit..
prophecy135
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic

Postby drakestan » Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:05 pm

prophecy135 wrote:So, I have Vick and Cutler, both concussed, neither looking like they will play this week. The sharks have set in and I've recieved trade offers, one to get Freeman at the expense of VJax, and another for Big Ben at the expense of Julio Jones.. Neither of these trades excite me, so I'm looking to the wire for help. Would Foles be an okay start for just this week? I can grab Locker to fill in after that and if Vick misses extended time.

Obviously both those trades are terrible for me, any other QBs I could consider, the wire is pretty barren.. Wilson, SF QBs, Weeden.. The rest of my roster is below, I don't mind trading a big name, but Freeman and Big Ben aren't the caliber of QB I think is fair value.

12 team PPR

If I could take VJax off you for Romo, I would do it in a split second. How is the owner who has P.Manning doing? I would try for him and his easy playoff schedule. Wilson will be on bye week 11 so there's no point in getting him (although he is playing Dolphins and their weak pass D week 12). I don't trust Weeden. Honestly, try getting Peyton if possible. Big Ben may not play next week (baby on the way) either.
drakestan
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby tantrix1969 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:50 pm

prophecy135 wrote:So, I have Vick and Cutler, both concussed, neither looking like they will play this week. The sharks have set in and I've recieved trade offers, one to get Freeman at the expense of VJax, and another for Big Ben at the expense of Julio Jones.. Neither of these trades excite me, so I'm looking to the wire for help. Would Foles be an okay start for just this week? I can grab Locker to fill in after that and if Vick misses extended time.

12 team PPR

yea theres noway I make those trades if I'm you, I'd pickup Foles for now and look at moving LeShoure or Murray for a better option
"When you watch him play, you’re like, ‘Oh God, he’s going to kill somebody,’ and that’s what I like about the young man.” ~ Jerome Henderson on Cowboys rookie safety J.J. Wilcox
tantrix1969
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 92)

Postby dem warriors » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:37 pm

If Alex Smith is out next week, I might take a chance on Kaepernick since he will most likely rack you up a fair amount of rush yards. Just a thought though.

[url=http://demwarriors.tripod.com/]My Sigs[/url]
dem warriors Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby prophecy135 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:32 pm

drakestan wrote:

12 team PPR

If I could take VJax off you for Romo, I would do it in a split second. How is the owner who has P.Manning doing? I would try for him and his easy playoff schedule. Wilson will be on bye week 11 so there's no point in getting him (although he is playing Dolphins and their weak pass D week 12). I don't trust Weeden. Honestly, try getting Peyton if possible. Big Ben may not play next week (baby on the way) either.

Peyton owner wants VJax and Ridley for Peyton and James Jones.. Little rich for my taste..
prophecy135
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic

Postby BearsFan65 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:53 pm

Thanks for mine, sorry for the delayed reply. First off, extortion is the right word. Leveraging wouldn't be far behind. Foles is worth a chance this week, imo. I see a little more checking down to McCoy, but it's obvious the kid doesn't mind throwing the ball downfield. DJax might just be a little better play with Foles than with Vick, and we all know about his big play capability. If Kaepernick weren't looking at the Bears this week, I'd say he isn't a bad play either - but I'd rather take the good matchup with Foles v. Washington. Good luck!
BearsFan65
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 45)

Postby prophecy135 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:20 pm

Update! Grabbed Foles, but had an interesting and probably the most reasonable offer yet come in.

I give: LeShoure
I get: Cam

Why do you guys think? I think the value is great, and LeShoure was the one I wanted to shop..

Leave a link!!!!
prophecy135
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic

Next

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions