Trade offer help WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Trade offer help WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Trade offer help WHIR

Postby bandoogie » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:41 pm

Gearing up for the playoffs and only had Vick at qb. Wondering if I should offer Vick+Ridley+Harvin or Julio for Matt Ryan+Chris Johnson in a ppr.

My team:

QB: Vick
WR: Julio
WR: Harvin
RB: Foster
RB: Ridley
TE: Rudolph
W/R/T: Donald Jones
BN: Titus, Dwayne Allen, Antonio Brown, Josh Gordon, 2 empty spots.
bandoogie
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 242)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Trade offer help WHIR

Postby mycuccismells » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:01 pm

Vick has zero value right now so dont even consider him part of any trade, i wouldnt give up my backup QB for him. That being said does the other guy have a QB that can fill in for Ryan? If he doesnt he wont give up Ryan and if he does you may want to target him so you dont have to give up quite so much.

Its a tough spot because if you do this you decimate your team, and CJ has looked good recently but hes still a little unstable and has some tough matchups coming up. I know you are desperate for a QB but essentially you are severely downgrading 2 spots to get a QB.

Try and target the Luck owner or RG3 owner who likely have other starting QBs on their roster since they didnt draft those guys as starters. Or go after someone like a Josh Freeman or Carson Palmer or someone like that where you dont have to dump your team to do it
mycuccismells
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 378)

Postby bp2504 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:39 pm

How many teams in your leave? If 12 or below, there has to be a QB or two on the wire you can pick up and start based on matchups. Possible targets (if available): C. Palmer, J. Freeman, P. Rivers

help me out?

viewtopic.php?t=529824
bp2504
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby bandoogie » Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:58 pm

mycuccismells wrote:Vick has zero value right now so dont even consider him part of any trade, i wouldnt give up my backup QB for him. That being said does the other guy have a QB that can fill in for Ryan? If he doesnt he wont give up Ryan and if he does you may want to target him so you dont have to give up quite so much.

Its a tough spot because if you do this you decimate your team, and CJ has looked good recently but hes still a little unstable and has some tough matchups coming up. I know you are desperate for a QB but essentially you are severely downgrading 2 spots to get a QB.

Try and target the Luck owner or RG3 owner who likely have other starting QBs on their roster since they didnt draft those guys as starters. Or go after someone like a Josh Freeman or Carson Palmer or someone like that where you dont have to dump your team to do it

How about I trade Ridley+Harvin for Decker+Chris Johnson and talk the guy into throwing in Fitzpatrick, his backup QB?
bandoogie
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team

Postby tracyjesq » Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:41 pm

I have Vick and Locker on a bye this week so I picked up Skelton in a 14-team league (he was the best option on the WW). Certainly, not ideal but I agree that Vick has no value in a trade right now. I tried to trade for Luck (they have Ryan so probably wouldn't start Luck) in my league and the person wanted Trent Richardson so that was a no go. Maybe your Luck owner will be more reasonable.
tracyjesq
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 16)

Postby mycuccismells » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:19 pm

bandoogie wrote:How about I trade Ridley+Harvin for Decker+Chris Johnson and talk the guy into throwing in Fitzpatrick, his backup QB?

Definitely dont do that, you are getting HUGE downgrades at both positions for a QB that is highly unreliable
mycuccismells
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team

Postby bandoogie » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:28 pm

mycuccismells wrote:
bandoogie wrote:How about I trade Ridley+Harvin for Decker+Chris Johnson and talk the guy into throwing in Fitzpatrick, his backup QB?

Definitely dont do that, you are getting HUGE downgrades at both positions for a QB that is highly unreliable

You see Ridley to Chris Johnson as huge downgrade? I could understand that argument maybe, but Harvin to Decker, I don't think is a huge downgrade if a downgrade at all. Plus, when you compare that Decker is completely healthy and the Broncos' schedule is much more favorable compared to the Vikings' I'd say it was nearly even at worst.
bandoogie
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team

Postby mycuccismells » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:31 pm

I love Decker but hes still the #2 guy there in teh receiving game while Percy is the ONLY receiver on the Vikings. Go back pre-Harvin injury and he was looking like a top 5 back.
mycuccismells
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team

Postby bandoogie » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:42 pm

mycuccismells wrote:I love Decker but hes still the #2 guy there in teh receiving game while Percy is the ONLY receiver on the Vikings. Go back pre-Harvin injury and he was looking like a top 5 back.

You do have a point there.
bandoogie
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team

Postby broseph jacobs » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:44 pm

Thanks for your help.

I wouldn't mind the deal for Fitz if it was almost any other Q. I mean, targeting Fitzpatrick is like asking Mike Tyson to sit-in for you in the first round of your chess tournament. Sure, he'll be there, but is he really going to get it done? Not without some serious luck.

What about Palmer? Freeman? Wilson? Bradford?
And, to a much lesser extent, Smith? Ponder? Weeden? Tannehill?

I agree that you're taking too big a hit to do this trade.

ANYone else available? Tannehill, unreliable as he his, has a pretty good playoff schedule. Just sayin'...
- BrosePhD

QB: Romo
RB: Martin / Lynch / Lacy / Ridley / Wilson / Michael
WR: A Johnson / VJax / Gordon /Ja. Jones / Nicks / Douglas
TE: Clay
PK: Bailey; DST: KC
(standard; 12-team)
broseph jacobs
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 262)