Deciding who to drop for possible RB Waiver claims: Help? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Deciding who to drop for possible RB Waiver claims: Help?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Deciding who to drop for possible RB Waiver claims: Help?

Postby petrieslastword » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:51 pm

Here's my current roster, along with who's typically been getting the start:

QB: A. Luck
WR1: Megatron
WR2: R. Wayne
WR3: D. Amendola
RB1: F. Gore
RB2: R. Matthews
TE: D. Keller
FLX: S. Moss
K: M. Bryant
D: St. Louis (rotating weekly)

BN: D. Alexander
BN: D. Brown
BN: P. Garcon
BN: J. Kerley
BN: B. Wells
BN: A. Hernandez

It's a
PPR League with standard scoring otherwise, and right now I'm eyeing 3 claims this week: Ronnie Hillman & Jalen Parmele, as well as the Panthers D/ST. My team is 5-6 after this week, so I need to win my last 2 games to make the playoffs. The Panthers is an early grab so I have them for week 13 when they play the Chiefs, and the other 2 are to strengthen my RB options. Right now my thoughts are:

Drop Keller for Hillman - With Gronk out, I figure I can roll the dice on Hernandez coming back and filling all my TE needs, and Keller with the Jets simply hasn't been effective anyways.

Then it's - Drop Kerley for Parmele (this is of course assuming I get either of them, though being in my position, I'll likely get one of them. Need to figure out the best way to put in my claims with Yahoo to ensure if I don't get one, the proper person gets dropped for the other

then it comes down to whether it's worth dropping Garcon, Moss, or Brown for the Carolina D. If it wasn't must-win for me week 13, I wouldn't even be thinking about it, but with my reciving core being what it is, I find it unlikely I will need all 3 of them, and it just comes down to who I drop. It's likely I'll only get one of the RB, so I'm looking for input on who you'd drop/what moves you'd make here to ensure the best chance of winning the next 2 weeks. Can't worry about the playoffs quite yet.

Thank you, and leave me a link and I'll return the favor!

*edit*

Finley is on our Wire as well after the owner tired of him last week. Should I be considering him possibly as well, and with what priority?
petrieslastword
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Response Team
(Past Year: 117)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Deciding who to drop for possible RB Waiver claims: Help

Postby DarkExile » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:25 pm

thanks for the help with mine

Hernandez lowside is going to be better than any other TE option you've got - his upside is potential top 3 TE on a weekly basis - so I agree with your TE thinking. I would however make that Finley pickup just in case.

I don't see anyone putting a high priority for Carlona D/ST with an away game in Philly so I'd put that at your lowest priority

I don't think you need to try for both Hillman and Parmele (most likely you won't get both anyways) - McGahee is going to be out for at least 4 weeks. MJD will be coming back within the next 1-2 weeks. So I'd go for Hillman 1st on the WW and Parmele 2nd.

Hillman will most likely be the 1st to go on the WW this week.

So I'd look to pick up in this order:
Hillman > Parmele > Finley > Carolina D/ST (set it so you only end up picking up 1 of the 2 rbs)

I'd drop in this order:
Kerley > Keller > Brown (or Rams D/ST if you were planning on dropping them)

Edit: Just to be clear of what I meant - I'd set your priority's so if you get Hillman you don't also pickup Parmele - you want one of those 2 in your lineup - i don't think you need both
DarkExile
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby petrieslastword » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:44 pm

Interesting, so even with all my WR options you'd keep Moss and Garcon and drop Brown.

You're right I likely don't need both RBs. Hopefully Hillman falls my way though.
petrieslastword
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Response Team
(Past Year: 117)

Postby wtr23 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:38 pm

Thanks for help with mine.

I'm in a bad place regarding RB depth as well, with murray and DMC out. I've been dropping and adding guys left and right trying to find a good starter. I had F Jones, but let him go (can't remember why but it was a bad move lol) Seeing that McGahee is going to be out for several weeks convinced me to pick up Hillman, and I think you should too. Parmele will be limited in use as MJD is going to recover before McGahee, just in time to ruin playoffs and making your run for the playoffs meaningless. I think Hillman is the better pick up here, and I would drop Kerley to get him. Looking at your WRs I don't see the need for Garcon, I'd drop him for CAR Defense
(sig by soty)
wtr23
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 237)

Postby cabrego » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:54 pm

I am in similar situation, I can't decide how to prioritize my list of RBs for the WW. I was thinking Beanie wells first, but I see you already have him. The only problem I see with Hillman is that he may be limited to 1st and 2nd down-However, with MJD rounding the corner Parmela is not the best long term pick either...

viewtopic.php?t=530148
cabrego
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby handslikesecrets » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:14 pm

Thanks for the help with mine.
I would personally drop Beanie first, even if he is finally healthy, Howling had a massive game last week. I don't trust him to stay healthy for a week, let alone get most of the touches. After that, Keller, then Kerley.
handslikesecrets
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 30)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions