WW pick ups rank them please! **WHIR** - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

WW pick ups rank them please! **WHIR**

Moderator: Football Moderators

WW pick ups rank them please! **WHIR**

Postby prophecy135 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:20 am

Looking for some depth at RB and WR for the playoff weeks (14-16) as I'm already clinched. It's a 12 team ppr, I would be able to grab at least one, maybe 2 or three depending on if you think Hernandez will go this week (I lean towards he will, but I thought he was a go the last two weeks..) also, I have Antonio Brown so if any of the WRs represent better value then Brown, is he droppable as well?

Roster:

12 team PPR
QB: C. Newton, Vick, Foles(drop)
RB: Foster, Ridley, Murray, D. Thomas, B. Tate
WR: Ju. Jones, A.J. Green, V. Jackson, A. Brown(possible drop)
TE: Hernandez, D. Allen(drop)

Options:
R. Hellman
B. Wells
G. Jennings
P. Garçon
R. Broyles
T.Y. Hilton
J. Blackmon
D. Alexander

So, recap, I can grab one for sure (drop Foles) another if you think Hernandez is good to go (drop Allen), and a third if any are a better bet then the disappointing but talented Antonio Brown.

Thanks for looking, leave a link, I'm 100% WHIR!!!
prophecy135
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 206)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: WW pick ups rank them please! **WHIR**

Postby tjdonn2 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:26 am

You have some nice flexibility with your roster. Definitely drop Foles, Allen and Brown.

I'd pick up Hillman, Alexander and Jennings for good depth and mainly to keep them off other rosters.
Hillman should get the bulk of the carries going forward.
Alexander is clearly the number one option in SD. He's should have a high floor and ceiling, Rivers is very comfortable with him and will look to him in the redzone as well as between the 20s (I'm a Charger fan)
Jennings should be healthy come playoff time so he is a no brainer for your needs.
tjdonn2
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 27)

Postby teach42 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:44 am

I'm pretty much in agreement. But I would keep Allen until you see Hernandez in the lineup and productive. It's still too goofy a situation to rely on him just yet.

Hillman and Jennings are the two I'd stash right now. For the third runner up, is Cecil avail? I'd target him first. And if not, it's a toss up between Hilton and Alexander. Considering Alexander has been increasing in targets every week, I'd go with him.

viewtopic.php?t=530255
teach42
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 10)

Postby zechs » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:17 am

IMO, you have more of an immediate need for DX than Hillman at this time due to Julio Jones being dinged up. So pick up Alexander first then Hillman for depth. Try to hang onto Antonio Brown unless you get more grim news about Big Ben's availability for this season.

Please help me out with mine? viewtopic.php?f=18&t=530117
14tm. PPR+IDP+return-yds. league
QB-Cam
RB-Shady,DMartin WR-JulioJ,Colston,VJax
TE-Finley K & IDP-[streaming]
BN-JStewart,MReece,Britt,Amendola,BMyers,Kaepernick,BryceB
zechs
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mean One » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:27 am

I would look to grab either D.Alexander or T.Hilton first before going after R.Hillman for RB depth. With Jones injured your most immediate need is at WR and either wideout acquired can be inserted into your lineup without reservation. I would drop A.Brown for either WR and Foles for Hillman.

And hold on to D.Wayne till you see Hernandez play without any injury concerns this week. :-o
Mean One
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 235)

Postby broseph jacobs » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:39 am

prophecy135 wrote:Looking for some depth at RB and WR for the playoff weeks (14-16) as I'm already clinched. It's a 12 team ppr, I would be able to grab at least one, maybe 2 or three depending on if you think Hernandez will go this week (I lean towards he will, but I thought he was a go the last two weeks..) also, I have Antonio Brown so if any of the WRs represent better value then Brown, is he droppable as well?

Roster:

12 team PPR
QB: C. Newton, Vick, Foles(drop)
RB: Foster, Ridley, Murray, D. Thomas, B. Tate
WR: Ju. Jones, A.J. Green, V. Jackson, A. Brown(possible drop)
TE: Hernandez, D. Allen(drop)

Options:
R. Hellman
B. Wells
G. Jennings
P. Garçon
R. Broyles
T.Y. Hilton
J. Blackmon
D. Alexander

So, recap, I can grab one for sure (drop Foles) another if you think Hernandez is good to go (drop Allen), and a third if any are a better bet then the disappointing but talented Antonio Brown.

Thanks for looking, leave a link, I'm 100% WHIR!!!

I like the Antonio Brown drop. Justin Blackmon has a good week 16 match-up, and he came alive with Henne leading the offense Sunday. I'd stay away from Jennings. No signs he'll be back any time soon, no signs GB needs him, and not particularly great matchups in weeks 14 or 16, and 15 is CHI. Hilton has TEN 14 and KC 16, but it's tough to know his long-range value if Avery returns. Denario Alexander has awful matchups from next straight through the end of the year. Broyles doesn't have much value going forward, and no favorable matchups in 14, 15, or 16. Garcon has two okay matchups and one good matchup during your playoff span, but I don't trust his health going forward. When your coach is talking about prefering to have you play on normal grass because "it's softer", I say you can't trust his dependability going forward. For WR, I like Blackmon for you for depth, so long as Henne is the starter.

Stay away from Beanie Wells. Arizona has trouble creating holes for it's runners, and they have a bad matchup every single week starting in week 13.

I would hold on to Allen; Hernandez' health has been too shaky this year.

good luck ;-D
- BrosePhD

QB: Romo
RB: Martin / Lynch / Lacy / Ridley / Wilson / Michael
WR: A Johnson / VJax / Gordon /Ja. Jones / Nicks / Douglas
TE: Clay
PK: Bailey; DST: KC
(standard; 12-team)
broseph jacobs
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

CafeholicResponse Team