Dynasty league, do I make a move? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Dynasty league, do I make a move?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Dynasty league, do I make a move?

Postby dblj9911 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:56 am

I'm in a ten team dynasty league, ppr, 6pts all tds, I have a stacked team, but can never win the whole league. So a little bad luck with injuries (Gronk) no qb ( Fitz) and I end up in second place. We can trade players and draft picks. I know this is supposed to be a weaker draft class this year. How do I improve? What if any ideas do you have for my roster? We star 1 qb, 2 rb, 3 wr, 1 te, 1 k, 2 idp. Thanks, WHIR.

Qb- Cam,Ryan, Eli
Rb- AP, Richardson, Morris, Moreno, Green-Ellis, M Bush
WR- Calvin, Fitz, Colston, J Nelson, Blackmon, Edelmen, D Alexander, S Rice
TE- Gronk, Daniels
dblj9911
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 75)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Dynasty league, do I make a move?

Postby dblj9911 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:05 am

I forgot, I have the 1.9, 2.9 and 3.9 rookie draft picks. If I don't trade my pick I'm thinking of taking a flyer on Lattimore out off South Carolina or one of the top te's The te would be as a back up to Gronk, obviously. If I get Lattimore I'd be stashing him on my bench, hoping he rebounds into the top rb he was predicted to be coming out of college.
dblj9911
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 75)

Postby murphysxm » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:38 am

Your team is pretty loaded without any glaring weaknesses. I'd probably look to trade Ryan or Eli since you will never, ever need your 3rd QB
murphysxm

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 212)

Postby duffoholic » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:06 pm

Yeah, if you could pair Matty ice and Fitz for an upgrade at your WR2. As great as Fitz is I don't see a game changing QB coming into the picture in Arizona any time in the next couple years. Maybe target a young guy like Hilton who you can keep for the next decade that would pair up well with CJ. With Gronk, AP and Morris it is pretty hard to want to upgrade anywhere else. Nice roster though and good luck!
12 team auction (100$)
Wilson 3$, Dalton 4$
Foster $30, Charles $16, Tate 2$, Wilson 10$
V. Jackson 10$, Boldin 3$, Garcon 4$, Witten, 4$, T. Austin $5, Patterson 2$, Tate 3$, Dobson 1$
Tucker, K 1$,Tynes, K 1$
NYG D, 1$
duffoholic
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 421)

Postby 11stever11 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:07 pm

I think your team is solid, so I would not look to make any moves unless the right offer comes along. I like the idea of going with Lattimore, but a lot can change from now and the rookie draft.
Thanks Franchise Fan for the sig!
11stever11

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 46)

Postby Indibuck » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:04 am

murphysxm wrote:Your team is pretty loaded without any glaring weaknesses. I'd probably look to trade Ryan or Eli since you will never, ever need your 3rd QB

In principle, I agree, but I wouldn't give any of the guys away. I would be open to offers to all three of them, and sell them for the right price. I like the suggestion of pairing Eli/Fitz or Ryan/Colston for a WR upgrade.

As for rookie draft, I think it's simply too early to make a projection for the 1.08-1.10 spots. With your depth at RB, Lattimore may be a great pick... but several months from now when rookie drafts start, he could be a consensus top-5 pick or a mid-2nd rounder.
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 157)

Postby MadDog36 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:58 am

Don't forget his scary injury.
MadDog36
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 134)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions