PPR Keeper Help - Roster Contruction question - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

PPR Keeper Help - Roster Contruction question

Moderator: Football Moderators

PPR Keeper Help - Roster Contruction question

Postby rmsanger » Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:20 am

I'm in a 10 team keeper league that has moved to full PPR this year. I have given up Foster for a first (6th pick) but ended up trading my 2/3 to get a 1/4 so now I've got the 7th pick in the draft.

So far the players kept are: AP, Martin, Spiller, Megatron, Marshall, Demarius Thomas, Cam, Peyton, Murray

When I've mocked my draft at the 7 slot I'm left with maybe: Mccoy, Forte, Richardson, Lynch @ RB.

I also could go Dez or AJ @ WR or go Rodgers @ QB or Graham @ TE.

Being that I don't draft again until 2 picks in the 4th I have to get this pick spot on. Do I go with a PPR RB monster (Forte/McCoy) or should I look at another position? I'm struggling that my pick @ WR in the 4th may be Colston/Wayne/Bowe for my WR1. If I go Dez or AJ then my RB in the 4th is going to be a Ball/Matthews/Miller (maybe).

So in terms of roster construction what would you do ?
rmsanger
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: PPR Keeper Help - Roster Contruction question

Postby tmoney26 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:34 am

Wow someone kept Murray in a 10 team league with 1 keeper.

I'm really high on Forte in ppr format but I'm thinking that might still be too steep. I'd go with McCoy personally. Followed by AJ then Forte. Dez is a beast but I'm not sure in ppr format. Forte will get 60+ catches this season.

I'm confused by all the trading but not having another pick until the 4th round really hurts your squad. The later round picks are pretty much can't miss situations for you.
tmoney26
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 28)

Postby rmsanger » Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:04 am

tmoney26 wrote:Wow someone kept Murray in a 10 team league with 1 keeper.

I'm really high on Forte in ppr format but I'm thinking that might still be too steep. I'd go with McCoy personally. Followed by AJ then Forte. Dez is a beast but I'm not sure in ppr format. Forte will get 60+ catches this season.

I'm confused by all the trading but not having another pick until the 4th round really hurts your squad. The later round picks are pretty much can't miss situations for you.

I guess I should add a bit more detail. The keepers are all value based so you give up a pick where you drafted him. The team who kept Murray gave up a 7th while I gave up my first for Foster.

Secondly we traded draft picks before the draft order was announced... I gave up my 2nd/3rd round picks for another owners 1st and 4th. So now I have 2 firsts (1 given up by Foster) and 2 fourths.

We start QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, Flex, D, K, LB, CB/S, and 4 bench slots. Having a limited bench means you really need to hit on your studs and can't build depth through late round picks. I'm figuring the upside of having really to #1 backs allows me a bit more freedom for WRs as I'm likely to find decent PPR players on waivers. I'm still really concerned about not having a 2/3rd so if the board is bare when my 2 4ths come around I'm screwed.
rmsanger
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby tmoney26 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:15 am

Oh damn, that makes a whole lot more sense. So you have Foster already. That kind of changes things then. Depending on your starting roster I would lean towards Green. In PPR league wr's are going to fly off the board. You can usually get steals on rb's in the later rounds i.e. your 2 4th round picks. Always good to go with a top 3 guy at each position.
tmoney26
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Seejay12 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:37 am

I would go with Green. You already have a really good RB1 with Foster, you could build depth with Miller or someone later. Especially in PPR leagues its big to one of the top tier wide outs, and Green is such. I think youll come out alot better with drafting Green in the 1st.
QB: Luck,
RB: Rice, Ridley,Williams, Bernard
WR: Cruz, Torrey Smith, Hilton, Josh Gordon,Jordy Nelson
TE: Davis, Bennett
D:
K: Bailey
Seejay12
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 19)

Postby Styes » Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:42 am

Green then Richardson if not
Styes
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 25)

Postby rmsanger » Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:54 am

I like AJ but he's not even projected # 2 in a PPR... Even last year Bmarsh, Andre, Dez, and DT all outscored him in our format.

I think if I go RB/RB in the first and then in the fourth I could still have an outside shot at landing 2 of Andre, Fitz, Wayne, Colston, Bowe or maybe even Roddy drops.

If Charles or Rice drop to my pick in the first then it's a sure thing.. picking between Richardson, McCoy, and Forte is a bit tougher for my in PPR. If non PPR guys like Lynch or Morris may also be interesting as well.
rmsanger
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby tmoney26 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:00 pm

No way you get Fitz, Roddy, or Andre with 9 guys already off the board. Me personally I take the best wr available. If you like Bryant over Green then I take him. I would make rather have Foster/R.Mathews?/Bryant then Foster/McCoy/Bowe? but that is just me. How many wr do you start?
tmoney26
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby rmsanger » Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:56 am

ok bump on this...

We start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 flex, 1 TE, 1 LB, 1IDP, 1CB, and 4 bench slots.

I was also offered a trade for Foster. He offered me his first round (5th pick) and 3rd round pick for Foster and my 7th. Would you take this or stick with Foster and the prior picks I mentioned earlier?

The Rbs not kept are: Rice, Charles, McCoy, Lynch, Morris, Richardson, Sjax
Rodgers, AJ, Dez, and Graham are all position players left.

For me I risk giving up foster and not getting the top 2 guys Rice/Charles so I may end up with McCoy and Richardson for my first rounders instead. The bonus is a get back in the 3rd round to go with my 2 4th round picks. I still think the dropoff from Foster to guys said above could be HUGE so the 3rd might not make up for it.
rmsanger
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions