Flex and TE help ***100% WHIR*** - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Flex and TE help ***100% WHIR***

Moderator: Football Moderators

Flex and TE help ***100% WHIR***

Postby prophecy135 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:28 am

Need a flex in a ppr with bonus' at 100 and 150 yards and 2 points for 40+ yard plays. Options are:

Antonio Brown vs. PHI
Steve Smith vs. SEA
Brian Hartline @ CIN
CJ Spiller @ SF

Also need a TE in a non ppr between:

Dennis Pitta @ KC
Kyle Rudolph vs. TEN

Little worried about both Brown and Smith due to match up, the Eagles corners have looked better the last few weeks, and Seattle has a really good secondary as well. Spiller I listed, but I don't really think is a true option (in hindsight I probably should have started him over Ryan Williams..)

TE not sure I can go wrong, but am leaning Rudolph, just cuz his match up is slightly better. Pitta I think could be in for a good game as he seems to do well against defenses with a decent secondary, which the Chiefs have. It worries me how the Chiefs had Gates covered though and I wonder if they would try and cover Pitta with Berry as well. Or if Berry will be used over the top of Smith.

Who'd you start, and why??

Leave a link!!!
prophecy135
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 206)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Flex and TE help ***100% WHIR***

Postby LombardiParty » Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:54 am

Thanks for help with mine.

Disclaimer: I don't play PPR, so I may be speaking out of turn here.

TE should be Rudolph. He is playing a Titans team that has allowed 7 TDs to TEs.

At Flex, I think I'd go either Brown or Hartline. Hartline has a better chance of seeing those points that come fore 40+ plays, but I am still not sure. Smith is a sit for sure and CJ is splitting time against a tough D.
LombardiParty
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 19)

Postby VeganPhilosopher » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:33 am

I would sit Spiller not because I don't like him, but because of the RBBC situation, his bad week last week, and the fact that he must face SF this week. (I would have played him over Ryan Williams though, Cards offensive line is poo).

I hear you on Antonio Brown and Steve Smith's matchups, but Steve Smith's is the worst IMO. Seattle's defense is just tough. I am looking for the second consecutive bad week for Smith, although I like him most weeks, this is the week I bench him.

I would go with Antonio Brown. Brown has been Mr. Consistency this year, and I would look for him to continue putting up solid but not spectacular numbers this week.

Only because I expect a down week for Smith and Spiller based off really tough matchups, am I advising you to roll the dice on Brian Hartline. Hartline is getting more targets than almost anybody in the league, and while I don't think another 250 yard day is in the works, I do think he is a good fill-in for you this week.

I'm going with Hartline or Brown then. You rarely want to sit guys like Smith and Spiller, but this is the week I would, as they both are coming off bad weeks and facing really tough opponents. As to whether you go Brown or Hartline, I see Brown as the safe play if you expect to win and Hartline as an upside play if you need a more boom or bust candidate.

As to the TE's, I think either would be a good play. Flip a coin, or do what the guy above me said. I might lean slightly towards Rudolph only because Pitta's goose egg last week scares me.
QB: R Griffin III, A Luck
RB: A Foster, F Gore, T Richardson, K Hunter, M Hardesty, A Green
WR: V Cruz, M Austin, P Garcon, S Moss, B Hartline
TE: J Witten
K: Matt Bryant
D: ATL.
VeganPhilosopher
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafeholic

Postby drhanl » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:52 am

I would start A. Brown any chance I get in PPR, regardless of the matchup. Hes nearly a guarantee for 12-15. I like consistency.

Hartline has more upside, aka, last week. But, the week before he had 1 catch on 9 targets. I'm a owner, trying to sell high. What good are targets if you have an inaccurate QB that is constantly on the run. Hartline might have a few really big games. But, I would bet on more that are 3-4 catch range than 12 catch range.

I definitely like Rudolph over Pita.

viewtopic.php?t=524582
drhanl
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 65)

Postby Twlong223 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:56 am

Thanks for your help with mine!

Of your 4 flex options, I like Antonio brown. He has looked so good, and will be getting plenty of looks. Hartline isn't a bad option either. My first choice would be Brown though. As for the tight end, Rudolph all the way. The Titans defense is awful, ponder should have a good day throwing the ball around.
Twlong223
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 26)

Postby rmsanger » Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:02 am

I'd roll with Hartline and Rudolph! Hartline has great momentum so play him until that ends. Rudolph is a key redzone target so I assume good to great things out of both of them...
rmsanger
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 12)

Postby sabomnim » Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:29 am

rudolph for sure (im a titans fan and we get tormented by TEs for years)

id go brown as the safer play
WHIR 100%
sabomnim
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 75)

Postby crazysparky77 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:50 pm

pitta hartline help me viewtopic.php?t=524661
crazysparky77
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby KenDawg19 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:42 pm

I would rank your flex options in this order:

Brown - good PPR guy/consistent
Hartline - smokin' hot right now
Smith - always a chance for a huge play but tough matchup
Spiller - tough matchup/splitting carries

As for your TE, I think both are good plays this week with a slight edge to Rudolph based on match ups.

Thanks for mine!
KenDawg19
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Return to Who to Start/Bench