Need Flex Sit/Start Advice for PPR..Hillman/Parmele/Amendola - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Need Flex Sit/Start Advice for PPR..Hillman/Parmele/Amendola

Moderator: Football Moderators

Need Flex Sit/Start Advice for PPR..Hillman/Parmele/Amendola

Postby saiyanzzrage » Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:44 am

Hey all,

I am in a PPR league, and I have a bit of a dilemma relating to my flex position (W/R) for this week.

I am debating between Parmele (vs TEN), Hillman (vs KC), and Amendola (vs ARI) and cant decide. Right now I have Hillman in there, but Amendola is usually a PPR machine, right? Watching the Jet game last week, seems Amendola has become more of a WR3 on the Rams (not to mention injury prone? Also, I am worried about Hillman being in a committee role, because they might not trust him blocking yet, and I feel Denver runs the ball solely to keep defenses off balance so Peyton can throw?

Parmele I am not really sold on yet as a starting RB (I got BURNED by Jennings the last few weeks so I am soured on JAX runners) and I also have Beanie Wells on the bench, but I want to give him one game back to see if he is really in shape and in RB1 form...

What would you guys do? My starting RBs are Peterson and Green-Ellis, so another possiblity is benching law firm, but I like him coming off his best game of the season against a suspect raiders defense.

What do you think?
saiyanzzrage
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Need Flex Sit/Start Advice for PPR..Hillman/Parmele/Amen

Postby petrieslastword » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:14 am

I think in PPR Amendola gives you your best chances of that bunch, with him being most likely to get points. Your other options need a week to prove themselves/not be on a committee.
petrieslastword
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Response Team
(Past Year: 117)

Postby saiyanzzrage » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:17 am

petrieslastword wrote:I think in PPR Amendola gives you your best chances of that bunch, with him being most likely to get points. Your other options need a week to prove themselves/not be on a committee.

My gut feels the same way...I think I should wait to see how Hillman will be used, and Parmele needs to show me something to consider starting him, and the same with Wells...thanks!
saiyanzzrage
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby tonychachen » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:18 am

i think the AZ front four will force Bradford to hand it off more than throw, so im not too optimistic about Danny.
Team TastyJawn
12 Team PPR

QB: C.Newton / J.Freeman
RB: R.Rice / D.Martin / J.Bell / R.Brown
WR: D.Bowe / W.Welker / D.Bess / B.Gibson / J.Avant / G.Tate
TE: J.Gresham / J.Dressen / D.Allen
K: S.Gostowski
DST: Texans
tonychachen
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby petrieslastword » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:20 am

saiyanzzrage wrote:
petrieslastword wrote:I think in PPR Amendola gives you your best chances of that bunch, with him being most likely to get points. Your other options need a week to prove themselves/not be on a committee.

My gut feels the same way...I think I should wait to see how Hillman will be used, and Parmele needs to show me something to consider starting him, and the same with Wells...thanks!

Yeah, I have Parmele and Wells as well (missed out on Hillman) and think they're all a bit of a crapshoot this week, though I think Parmele is the strongest option of the 3, given his backup has already failed at the job.
petrieslastword
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Response Team

Postby saiyanzzrage » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:20 am

tonychachen wrote:i think the AZ front four will force Bradford to hand it off more than throw, so im not too optimistic about Danny.

Interesting...well the good thing here is none of the 3 guys I am considering play until Sunday, so I have some time to ponder it...thanks for posting!
saiyanzzrage
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby saiyanzzrage » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:22 am

petrieslastword wrote:
saiyanzzrage wrote:

Yeah, I have Parmele and Wells as well (missed out on Hillman) and think they're all a bit of a crapshoot this week, though I think Parmele is the strongest option of the 3, given his backup has already failed at the job.

I'm with you..to be honest, Hillman was more of a defensive pickup, I didnt NEED him, and the first place team in my league had mcgahee, so i did it to block him..
saiyanzzrage
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby petrieslastword » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:25 am

saiyanzzrage wrote:
petrieslastword wrote:
saiyanzzrage wrote:

I'm with you..to be honest, Hillman was more of a defensive pickup, I didnt NEED him, and the first place team in my league had mcgahee, so i did it to block him..

Same. I didn't need Wells but grabbed him last week, and didn't need Parmele but took him this week because the top teams in my league, one of which I play this week, all have a severe need for RBs thanks to various injuries.
petrieslastword
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Response Team

Postby leffe186 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:28 am

I think your choice is between Hillman and Amendola, but you're absolutely right, it's a tough one. Personally I would go with Hillman. He's fitter, loads of potential upside thanks to McGahee, and is up against the Chiefs. For me, Amendola has the bigger potential to fail this week - tougher opposition (who will fancy roughing him up) and question marks over fitness and his QB. I'd play Hillman.

Thanks for your help: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=530181
leffe186
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Response Team
(Past Year: 101)

Return to Who to Start/Bench