** Help with FF playoffs, RGIII issue, Flex WHIR ** - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

** Help with FF playoffs, RGIII issue, Flex WHIR **

Moderator: Football Moderators

** Help with FF playoffs, RGIII issue, Flex WHIR **

Postby rmsanger » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:23 am

Help, I'm the #6 seed in the 2nd round of the playoffs vs. the #1 seed. I feel I have a solid team and my record doesn't reflect the quality of my roster (e.g. same Pts scored in reg season as #1 but more pts against).

This is a 10 team, 0.5 PPR, all else std scoring league. No defense Team but 3 IDP.

My current roster is:

QB: RGIII, Luck
WRs: White, Wayne, Garcon, Wallace
RBs: Foster, DMC, Moreno, MJD
TEs: Hernandez
k: Barth
IDPs: Daryl Washington, Willis, Pollard

1) RGIII is still questionable/doubtful at this point I can do the following: A) Keep my existing roster and roll with Luck if RGIII looks to be in bad shape or is scrapped. B) Drop Luck now and pickup Eli off waivers to start sun. Eli is vs. ATL and Luck is vs. HOU. Eli will be gone after today if I wait so not sure who the better backup play is this week and next?

2) We start 2 WR / 2 RBs / 1 Flex. I'm thinking Foster, White, and Wayne are all must starts. So that leaves RB2 / flex open. I was leaning towards DMC and Moreno as they both had very solid weeks last week and should have "safe" matchups this week (KC & BAL). Both Garcon and Wallace represent huge upside as they put up 16.5 and 26.5 pts respectively last week compared with Moreno's 23 and DMC's 13. I'm really struggling on who to start?

3) Barth struggled last week but should I assume he has a better week vs. NO? Washington and Willis seem like must starts for IDP but not sure on Pollard. Should I go pickup another S/CB?

Thx for the help, please leave your link WHIR !
rmsanger
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: ** Help with FF playoffs, RGIII issue, Flex WHIR **

Postby sm28185 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:06 am

thanks for your help

1 - I'd stick with Luck. ATL is a pretty tough matchup at home and HOU has been a little shaky lately. Also, if RGIII misses next week for some reason, you'll have Luck vs KC.

2 - I think you've got the right picks for RB/WR/Flex. Good matchups and guaranteed touches are always good reasons.

3 - Haven't played in any IDP leagues before, so I'm not sure I could help any on that.
sm28185
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby bfoxxx4 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:26 am

I agree with you flex and RB2 choices because if RG3 doesnt play it is uncertain how well the skins offense will do with out him and the steelers offense hasnt been clicking very well recently at all.
bfoxxx4
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby rmsanger » Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:30 am

bumpage with RGIII out should I roll with Luck or Eli? Is Garcon a must bench now? Is it best to roll with DMC/Moreno or should Wallace be the flex choice this week?
rmsanger
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby rmsanger » Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:04 pm

bumpage again... any input would be appreciated!
rmsanger
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby haenni » Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:15 pm

Start Luck...houston has had a terrible pass defense in the last four weeks and RGIII will not be the same player if he starts (won't be getting those rushing yards with a bum knee)
Eli should be decent, but not worth dropping Luck for...
Foster is the most obvious must start in the league, and i like Moreno
and any of white wayne or garcon are great starts
And i just heard RGIII is inactive, so don't start him :P
haenni
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Return to Who to Start/Bench