Big week for everyone! WHIR 100% - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Big week for everyone! WHIR 100%

Moderator: Football Moderators

Big week for everyone! WHIR 100%

Postby sabomnim » Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:44 pm

ppr
all tds 6 pts

Pick 4:
Brandon Lloyd vs SF - Has been quiet up until last week, tough matchup tho
Erica Decker @ BAL - Was my go to guy early in the season, but has been quiet lately
Stevie Johnson vs SEA - Usually decent but really bad matchup
malcom floyd vs CAR - Usually good for a TD and some yards but tougher matchup
Mike Williams @ NO - only got 4/36 against them earlier in the year but great matchup on paper
Davone Bess vs JAC - just recently picked up and matchup seems favorable but idk if worthy of start
Shonn Greene @ TEN - losing carries but TEN defense cant stop the run
Greg Jennings @ CHI - only 1 catch last week and bad matchup but still playing with rodgers

WHIR 100%
WHIR 100%
sabomnim
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 75)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Big week for everyone! WHIR 100%

Postby cashcity » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:20 pm

I had a damn novel written and accidentally refreshed. Too lazy to rewrite it all, and it would probably be too lengthy to want to read anyway so here's a summary:

Decker
- Manning has a fantastic record against the Ravens, with what can be argued is a better line having given up less sacks than the Colts offense ever did.
- Thomas/Decker are going to light up the Ravens secondary, and even when, odds are he will, Manning throws a dime hail mary that gets picked off, he'll have at least 2 or 3 more than won't go for INT

Williams and Bess > Johnson > Floyd/Lloyd
I'm counting out Lloyd for the typical "Brady has too many options" reason and Floyd because it's just not a question in playoffs, you need players that are either consistent or have a high ceiling.
- Williams is playing in a dome with Josh Freeman on fire against a garbage defense.
- Bess is playing in 80 degree weather, no wind.

Both Tannehill and Freeman are better than Ryan Fitzpatrick, at least this season, due to numerous reasons and both Miami and TB are out of the running for playoffs, so they have nothing to lose. They are going to throw the rock where they shouldn't, and as long as neither of them is your QB, you'll benefit from the random 30+ yard completions and suffer no loss from picks.

Also, Shonne Greene is a player I have never had, nor desired to, however, I have seen this guy go off on the most random occasions. This occurs especially in playoffs when you put him on the bench because he's so inconsistent only for him to score 20 points off of some bs.

/viewtopic.php?t=532025
cashcity
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

(Past Year: 4)

Postby wtr23 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:20 pm

Thanks for help with mine. My choices would be:

Williams- gotta like the matchup, big game potential
Floyd- lost catches to Alexander but usually good for 10 pts and matchup isn't terrible.
Johnson- matchup isn't great but he'll see the bulk of the catches in this one, PPR a plus
Greene- not a great season by any means but best chance for yards/TDs from what's left. Lloyd is close behind him, but being on an offensive powerhouse his low ouput concerns me.
(sig by soty)
wtr23
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 242)

Postby TheDynasty00 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:42 pm

I like Eric Decker, Mike Williams, Greg Jennings, and Malcom Floyd... they all seem like their in for at least a TD
Last edited by TheDynasty00 on Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheDynasty00
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby cbhuff » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:24 pm

williams, greene, lloyd, jennings

http://tinyurl.com/a99b4vj
thanks
cbhuff
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 2)

Postby goodwidp » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:35 pm

Williams, Decker, Greene, Jennings

Williams- Great matchup on paper and Freeman likes to throw to him (at least when he's not throwing to VJax). Game should be a shootout and Williams is a good bet for 60+ and a TD.

Decker- Been a bit quiet lately but he does have Manning throwing to him, which is always a good thing. The Ravens secondary is very beatable (and I'm a Ravens fan) so he has a good shot of racking up some decent yardage and perhaps a TD.

Greene- While it's true he has been splitting carries with Powell, he still has had 20+ touches in the past 2 games. The RBs are pretty much the only offensive weapon the Jets have so they will lean on the run heavily. Plus it's a great matchup vs a weak Titans run D.

Jennings- Like Decker, Jennings has a future HOF QB throwing to him, so he always has a very good chance of putting up decent numbers on a weekly basis. The fact that Nelson won't be playing only adds to his potential. True, it's not the best matchup, but the potential is still there for a very productive day.

Good luck. Thanks for your help w/ mine.
goodwidp
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 27)

Postby btsoumas » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:52 pm

Williams
Decker
Lloyd
Jennings

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=532075