Playoff League, Week 2 ** WHIR 100% ** - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Playoff League, Week 2 ** WHIR 100% **

Moderator: Football Moderators

Playoff League, Week 2 ** WHIR 100% **

Postby wtr23 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:54 pm

It's a close contest as we head into week 2. I barely hobbled away with the lead in week one thanks to a couple early RGIII TD strikes and the 27 yard TD by Lynch late. Heading into week 2 of the playoffs I'm leading by 7 points, and its time to start thinking about next weekend ;-D

Here's my updated roster:

QB- Brady, Ryan, Kaep
RB- Lynch, Rice, Moreno, Ridley
WR- White,Welker, Johnson, Boldin, Decker
TE- Gonzalez, Hernandez, Pitta
K- Graham
DEF- DEN, NE

I'm thinking of starting Gonzalez at TE now that Gronk is back and Denver D. Help me pick my QB, RB2, and WR2

As far as QB goes, I like Kaep's matchup the best (vs. GB), and the rushing yard potential is another plus. Both Ryan and Brady have more targets to throw to, and I think those games will rely more heavily on the passing game. I doubt Seattle will completely shut down Atlanta, but after tonight's game I worry a little about starting Ryan. I'm leaning towards Brady in this scenario, he's the only one of the three that seems to know how to win a playoff game.

Now for the backs. I like Lynch at RB1 but I'm not sure who starts as RB2. Rice disappointed against a very favorable matchup in Indy with 2 fumbles, and Denver has an even better run D. I think New England will throw a lot, but Brady likes throwing downfield a lot, plus Woodhead is the better receiving back for the pats anyway. Moreno could see a big workload, but with the return of Ray Lewis in Baltimore I'm thinking that limits his upside significantly...catches a lot of passes out of the backfield though, being in a PPR league that adds some value.

At WR I'm thinking Welker and Johnson, I think this is a shootout with Johnson getting most of the targets as really the only star receiver for the texans. Am I crazy for benching White or Decker here? Anyone think Boldin goes off like he did this weekend?

Thanks for taking a look, let me know what you think. Leave a link and WHIR as always.
(sig by soty)
wtr23
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 224)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Playoff League, Week 2 ** WHIR 100% **

Postby wtr23 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:40 am

anyone? ...

currently this is my starting lineup

QB Brady [ryan, kaep]