.5 PPR league, start 1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/1K/1DEF

QB- Kaep
RB1- Rice
RB2- ???
WR1- Boldin
WR2- ???
TE- ???
K- ???

here's a list of possible starters: [RB] Lamichael James, Vonta Leach, Bernard Pierce [WR] T. Smith, Randy Moss, Jacoby Jones [TE] Pitta, Walker [K] Tucker, Akers(leaning Tucker)

I like Pierce the most out of those options for RB, but Leach could be a factor in the passing game. I like Smith's big play potential, but Boldin seems to be getting all the endzone targets. My opponent has both SF and BAL D so I got nothing for that field, but I have both Kickers. After the missed field goal by akers I wouldn't be surprised if Cundiff gets thrown into the mix here also. Who do you start next week?
(sig by soty)
wtr23
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 247)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Championship week

Postby mycuccismells » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:15 pm

RB2 - Pierce or James are the way to go. Leach could get a TD but if he doesnt you probably wont get much out of him. The other guys are the #2 guys on their respective teams so they will get at least 5-6 touches and have both looked good in the playoffs. I probably lean towards James because that Baltimore defense can be beat and i wouldnt want to have 2 guys going up against that tough SF run defense. Plus you mainly have BAL guys so on the coin flips i would lean SF just to even things out a bit

WR2 - Has to be Smith, easiest decision you have. Boldin, Smith, Rice are pretty much the entire BAL offense so if you play all 3 you are going to get some decent points out of yardage and TDs. Moss is useless with a TD

TE - Toss up to me. SF is great against TE and you already starting Rice/Smith/Boldin so hard to start 4 skill guys from same team even when there are only 2 teams going. Its a shame Vernon did so well last game otherwise Walker would look great in this spot

K - Tucker hands down. Both teams have great red zone defense which means long drives turn into FG opportunities. The difference is that tucker makes those FGs and Akers doesnt. Consider in the fact that this is in a dome and Tucker could rack up some nice points. If this is a league that rewards distance FGs it makes him even better because Baltimore will go for it from distance and SF doesnt trust Akers to do the same
mycuccismells
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 399)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Who to Start/Bench