Offseason Discussion/Possible Rule Changes - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Flex-Factor Dynasty League

Offseason Discussion/Possible Rule Changes

Moderators: flotsamnjetsam, dream_017, Football Moderators

Offseason Discussion/Possible Rule Changes

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Mon Jan 01, 2007 10:15 pm

I can't think of any rule changes at the moment but here's where we'll discuss that and any other offseason stuff.

One thing I'd like to discuss is possibly not using yahoo next year. I don't know that much about any of the other sites besides nfl.com which I really like (free live scoring and the exact waiver system we used).

Does anyone think that nfl.com or a different site would be better for hosting the league next year? The only thing I don't know about nfl.com is if we'd be able to use IDP's & our starting requirements. :-?

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby The Balanced Man » Mon Jan 01, 2007 11:19 pm

Rule Changes I would suggest:

Receptions = 1pt, instead of 0.5pts.

As for the league host, I'm not sure. Yahoo may offer more options next year. We should probably wait and see what products are offered.
The Balanced Man
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby dream_017 » Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:58 am

I have played on AOL and like it. I know there are some, not sure if they are in the league or not, that do not like AOL. It does support everything we currently do, including IDP(broken out by all positions), free live scoring, I actually have a test site up with our requirements and rosters as of sometime in November. Let me know if you want to check it out and I will send you the info needed. ;-D

As for other changes, I don't have any as of yet, but I will think about them.
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 70)

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:30 am

We'll start talking more soon...just posting so that the forum doesn't get deleted for being inactive. ;-D

flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Jimboozie » Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:38 am

I don't think you can use IDPs or customize the settings on NFL.com. Sucks cuz that is a great site.

AOL is fine as long as you can have multiple leagues on the same user name. Can you do this Dream? I only had one league there...KOTJ. :-b

It's not as smooth as Yahoo but free live scoring is cool for you cheapskates who choose not to pay for stattracker. :-b
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby dream_017 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:48 am

Jimboozie wrote:I don't think you can use IDPs or customize the settings on NFL.com. Sucks cuz that is a great site.

AOL is fine as long as you can have multiple leagues on the same user name. Can you do this Dream? I only had one league there...KOTJ. :-b

It's not as smooth as Yahoo but free live scoring is cool for you cheapskates who choose not to pay for stattracker. :-b

Yes you can have more than 1 league. I am not sure what the maximum is but I had 4 leagues last year
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 70)

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:33 am

dream_017 wrote:
Jimboozie wrote:I don't think you can use IDPs or customize the settings on NFL.com. Sucks cuz that is a great site.

Yes you can have more than 1 league. I am not sure what the maximum is but I had 4 leagues last year

I had 4 on AOL as well... ;-D But one was a defunct league from the previous year and it still kept track of everything.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:22 am

Just posting to make sure the forum doesn't get deleted. We'll start talking about things shortly. Once the NFL Draft is over this weekend we can discuss when we want to do our rookie draft. Not many rule changes proposed, but we'll address those and any other that come up. ;-D

flotsamnjetsam

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Tue May 01, 2007 9:11 pm

Just wanted everyone to know that I'll be on vacation from 5/2-5/8. I'll have internet access so I still should be able to check the forum. I just won't be on as much as usual. ;-D

flotsamnjetsam

Postby The Balanced Man » Tue May 15, 2007 10:11 am

Perhaps it's time to discuss the rookie draft?
The Balanced Man
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Flex-Factor Dynasty League