Trade Options for fair or not fair - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Trade Options for fair or not fair

Moderator: Football Moderators

Trade Options for fair or not fair

Postby artvandelay444 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:18 pm

Hey Guys,

I play in a friends and family league that my brother is commish of and we always seem to have problems with trades. Currently we just have the league silent vote, but the problem comes with some people either don't vote or they vote against trade because they don't want any trade to go through or they don't like they owner. My brother wants to keep everyone involved, but he hasn't got a clue on how to do that. We aren't going to make a change this year, but just wanted to hear what some of you guys do in your leagues for the trade process. All replies are helpful.

Thanks
artvandelay444
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Trade Options for fair or not fair

Postby Hags888 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:22 pm

Mine is a 12-team standard league. We have a 24-hour trade review period for any trades that are accepted, and if a trade gets 6 vetoes, then it doesn't go through. As commish, I also still retain the option to override and veto any unfair trades on the off-chance that not everyone has a chance to review. I think 6 vetoes is a tad high, but I wouldn't go any lower than 4 for a 12-teamer. Team owners can actually vote "yes" or "no" to the trade, to if there are enough "no" votes (aka, vetoes) then it doesn't pass. Ususally the two people involved in the trade vote yes, and then 1 or 2 others plus myself. Participation is chronically low in my league. However, we did have a case of collusion last year, and the league was with it enough to line up 6 vetoes and can the trade...so it worked just as it's supposed to.
SKOL VIKINGS!
Hags888
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby stomperrob » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:05 pm

Most of my leagues are with guys I've known for a while, I prefer having the commish decide on trades - too many people veto for all the wrong reasons and others can never be bothered to vote - not great though if ya don't know the commish.
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 168)

Postby shawngee03 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:35 pm

we had to switch to commish vote in one league bc a couple guys told us that they were vetoing any trade that they felt made a team w a better record than theirs better. yeah they actually said that

so it got switch to commish vote the next week. not even waiting until next year to change that
shawngee03
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby spodog » Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:04 pm

Does the NFL require the other 30 teams to vote on how fair they think a trade is every time 2 NFL teams trade players or trade a player for a handful of draft picks?

Think about the answer then re-examine why on earth you have voting by biased parties (team owners) as a way of approving or denying trades.
spodog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerCafe SpotterWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby stomperrob » Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:08 pm

Have a peek at this:
viewtopic.php?t=524568
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 168)

Return to Commissioner's Corner