Roster Update Quandary - really need input - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Roster Update Quandary - really need input

Moderator: Football Moderators

Roster Update Quandary - really need input

Postby bounce » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:17 pm

I have a unique situation in a league, and want input on how to handle it.

A guy in our league has Jordy Nelson on his roster, and wasn't able to get to a computer to switch him out today. He picked up Jeremy Kerley earlier in the week, because his other WRs (Amendola and Torrey Smith) are injured and on a bye, so Kerley was the only option to replace Jordy in the lineup.

He couldn't switch Jordy out, BUT sent a text message to the commish at EXACTLY 12:00pm to ask if he could make the switch for the game. He has a timestamped text message screen cap with the message, time, and commish name. Technically, Yahoo locks games a little early, and kickoff isn't at EXACTLY 12, so I'm not sure how to play this. It was before kickoff, and he does have the proof, and it's not a matchup issue...only an injury replacement, and with the only guy he had eligible. So, he would have changed him out for sure with Kerley, and I don't think he's just playing the system.

I just don't want league in an uproar. One thought I had was finding the EXACT kickoff times of the Packers and Jets games...is there anywhere that shows that?

*edit-- found the kickoff times. GB kicked off at 12:06, and NYJ at 12:05.

Thoughts?
bounce
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Roster Update Quandary - really need input

Postby stomperrob » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:06 am

Given the facts as you present them I would not have a problem with adjusting his roster - but, and a big BUT - I would not take any action without first discussing it with the other owners for their feelings on the issue.
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Jessica Caroyln

Postby AlviraMk » Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:22 am

This actually answered my problem, thank you!
AlviraMk
Monday Morning Quarterback

Return to Commissioner's Corner