Veto this Adrian Peterson trade? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Veto this Adrian Peterson trade?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Veto this Adrian Peterson trade?

Postby CKY_ROX » Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:07 pm

Hey guys, I am the commissioner and involved in a trade that some people seem to be calling for a veto on. I think that this is a legitimate trade and I know that there was no collusion involved. The only argument that could be made is that I was trading with a less experienced owner, and that I took advantage of him.

It was Ryan Mathews and CJ Spiller for Adrian Peterson in a PPR league.

The lineups before the trade were

Team 1
QB Peyton Manning
WR Miles Austin
WR Roddy White
WR Hakim Nicks
RB Ryan Mathews
RB Arian Foster
TE Antonio Gates
W/R C.J. Spiller

BN Steven Jackson
BN Mike Williams
BN LaRod Stephens-Howling
BN Kendall Wright
BN Ben Tate

and team 2

QB Tom Brady (NE - QB)
WR Vincent Jackson (TB - WR)
WR Wes Welker (NE - WR)
WR DeSean Jackson (Phi - WR)
RB Reggie Bush (Mia - RB)
RB Danny Woodhead (NE - RB)
TE Aaron Hernandez(NE - TE)
W/R Lance Moore
BN Martellus Bennett (NYG - TE)
BN Sidney Rice (Sea - WR)
BN Andy Dalton (Cin - QB)
BN Adrian Peterson (Min-RB)

KJason Hanson

DEF
Green Bay
Seattle

It should be noted that team 1 is 5-5 and currently just out of a playoff spot but in the hunt and team 2 is 2-8 and knows that if there is any chance of the playoffs they would need to win out and get quite a bit of help.

Is this a vetoable trade??

I DO NOT LOVE TOM!!!!!
CKY_ROX
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Veto this Adrian Peterson trade?

Postby machine3 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:14 pm

Absolutely not. Who do they think is gettting the better deal?
machine3
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby CKY_ROX » Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:18 pm

They think that the team getting Peterson is getting the better deal. They think that he will outscore both backs combined in weeks 12-16 and that this was a firesale trade to potentially win for one week (which even if it was, I dont know if that is ground for a veto) at the expense of the rest of the seaon

I DO NOT LOVE TOM!!!!!
CKY_ROX
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 5)

Postby machine3 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:28 pm

Should not be vetoed IMO.
machine3
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby murphysxm » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:47 pm

Not even close to veto able
murphysxm

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 212)

Postby mjedwards409 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:06 pm

It should be absolutely beyond a reasonable doubt collusion before you should consider a veto. This isn't even close. In fact, I think its a pretty even trade.

If this was Adrian Peterson for Larod Stephens Howling for example, then it should be vetoed.
mjedwards409
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 17)

Postby EagleEye7 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:32 pm

As someone who frequently will trade with lesser equipped teams, offering them a 2-for-1 and then making a FA aquisition to fill my open spot ... I think this is a very fair trade. The blended value of the two RB's are equal to the output of Peterson. Not to mention, neither are the same kind of injury risk Peterson is, regardless of how well he has bounced back from his ACL injury.

Not to mention, what is up with people emailing the commissioner to veto a trade, when every team in the league is given the ability to review & cast a veto vote on the trade. If the majority agrees, trade is vetoed. If the majority find the trade to be fair, it passes. Why do people feel the need to bypass a logical democratic process throughout the league, and instead expect their single complaint to be catered to and something be done to keep them happy?

DO NOT VETO TRADE!!! STAND YOUR GROUND!!!

I had a similar issue on vetoes that I just posted on and would love feedback. This all happened in the past 24 hours and will prob make you feel lucky this is all you have to deal with haha
viewtopic.php?t=529909

Cheers!
EagleEye7
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby shawngee03 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:13 pm

EagleEye7 wrote:As someone who frequently will trade with lesser equipped teams, offering them a 2-for-1 and then making a FA aquisition to fill my open spot ... I think this is a very fair trade. The blended value of the two RB's are equal to the output of Peterson. Not to mention, neither are the same kind of injury risk Peterson is, regardless of how well he has bounced back from his ACL injury.

Not to mention, what is up with people emailing the commissioner to veto a trade, when every team in the league is given the ability to review & cast a veto vote on the trade. If the majority agrees, trade is vetoed. If the majority find the trade to be fair, it passes. Why do people feel the need to bypass a logical democratic process throughout the league, and instead expect their single complaint to be catered to and something be done to keep them happy?

DO NOT VETO TRADE!!! STAND YOUR GROUND!!!

I had a similar issue on vetoes that I just posted on and would love feedback. This all happened in the past 24 hours and will prob make you feel lucky this is all you have to deal with haha
viewtopic.php?t=529909

Cheers!

bc some leagues have commish veto instead of league vote veto

i say no veto. when i first read the trade i was trying to find out which side i would rather have...and still dont have a strong opinion either way. coupled with the fact that you know it is not cheating...i see no reason to veto. people just bee otching for the sake of bee otching

like i just said in another league...if you feel the need to veto a trade bc you think there is cheating going on or roster dumping, then you shoudlnt be playing with those people. i personally dont knwo why anyone would cheat at a game...even if there is money on the line. we arent talking about millions of dollars. if you have to cheat to pay your bills off fantasy winnings, you shouldnt be using your disspossable income on fantasy games...pay the light bill
shawngee03
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Return to Commissioner's Corner