Rush Attempts in PPR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Rush Attempts in PPR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Rush Attempts in PPR

Postby Leonidas87 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:19 pm

Hey everyone. I just wanted to see what you all have to say about scoring rush attempts in a PPR league. I've seen it done with both without and with, usually 1 point every 5 attempts. I understand the point is to help level running backs with receivers, but after doing a scoring analysis of this season's statistics it seems that running backs still on average outscore wide receivers without counting attempts at all. If I found it logical to count attempts it would probably be just .1 point per attempt, since that would seem sufficient. Again, what are your takes on this?
Leonidas87
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Rush Attempts in PPR

Postby Cruzintovictory » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:03 pm

Personally I never saw the point in giving points for rush attempts. The point of PPR is to put receivers on par with RBs, and in most cases RBs still outshine in overall scoring.

Plus the reason PPR is effective is it helps receivers scoring to be more consistent, but RBs scoring is already pretty consistent, since they're pretty much guaranteed points every time the touch the ball (receivers don't catch every target, and they're targeted much less than most RBs get carries).

But that's just my two cents, it's really up to your personal preference.
Cruzintovictory
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Leonidas87 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:56 am

Great response. I agree with your rationale on the topic.
Leonidas87
Monday Morning Quarterback

Postby mycuccismells » Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:52 am

In my league we do .1 per rushing attempt, just because when i started the league i was excited with all of the options for scoring haha. In the end it doesnt really make a huge difference in the overall scoring, even a workhorse that gets 20 carries is only going to get you 2 points from that. In my league its .1PRA and .5PPR and it balances out alright i think. Yeah RBs score a little higher than receivers but most of the guys in the league like it that way, punishes you for not having a stable RB core. Anyone can pick up a serviceable WR off of waivers, making the RBs a bit more valuable rewards you for your drafting a bit more i think.
mycuccismells
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 358)

Postby dream_017 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:55 pm

I'm with cruzin, PPR is to level out the WR to an already consistant RB scoring, no need to change RB scoring to match a 'per touch' element of WR scoring.
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 60)

Return to Commissioner's Corner