64%

Total votes : 11

VETOES POLL

Postby bungle613 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:06 pm

Vote for one
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: VETOES POLL

Postby aaawall91 » Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:46 am

Was there discussion on this some where? I can't find it but like to see it if there is, may persuade me if someone is passionate about one or the other. I personally don't care. Never have a owners muster up enough to veto a trade, also been lucky enough never to have collusion in a league that I know of.
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 62)

Postby bungle613 » Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:49 am

aaawall91 wrote:Was there discussion on this some where? I can't find it but like to see it if there is, may persuade me if someone is passionate about one or the other. I personally don't care. Never have a owners muster up enough to veto a trade, also been lucky enough never to have collusion in a league that I know of.

Not really. I am not a fan of the league vote for trades and I am just going through the rules and proposing changes I would like to see since we are doing it for other things.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby LS2throwed » Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:34 am

What if there is a trade by the two co-commishes? Or the co commish, and the commisioner?
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby bungle613 » Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:52 am

We would use to secondary owners used solely for trade vetoes.

If myself and one other owner are involved in a trade, teh co-commish and 1 of the secondary owners would pass it.

If both co-commishes were involved then BOTH secondary owners would have sole veto power.

I essentially would like to see zero trades ever vetoed. It is a dynasty league. Build how you want and build the team you want. Who am I to judge the deal. The only time I will ever veto a deal is collusion. AD for 4 projects and picks will be passed by me.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby stomperrob » Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:31 am

Commish - not talking about this league in particular, but some owners use their veto for the wrong reasons.
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby bungle613 » Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:15 pm

stomperrob wrote:Commish - not talking about this league in particular, but some owners use their veto for the wrong reasons.

Agree 100%. I answer a lot of questions int eh commish forum...should this get vetoed. 99 times out of 100 the answer is no. You do not vote down a trade because it makes another team stronger than yours. You do not veto a deal that will help another team in 2-3 years instead of right now. You play in a Yahoo public league, fine, let em vote. You play in a Cafe league with for the most part extremely knowledgeable owners, you let it fly. LS2 knows more about college football then I ever will, if he chooses to deal elite player A for project players B, C, D then I am not going to stop him.

just my opinion. I have played FF for 15+ years, maybe closer to 20 now and I have vetoed exactly 1 deal.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Instinctive » Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:08 pm

I think there shouldn't be any veto, persay, but rather that each trade takes a day, maybe two, to process. Then if somebody has a problem with it, they can raise the issue and we'll hold up on putting the trade through if needed.

I'm really against vetoing any trade, ever, unless it's incredibly obvious collusion or tanking.
Fourth and Inches (Dynasty)
Zealots: 4, 39, 56
Cafe Very Special Forces (Dynasty)
General Manager Wannabees
Frozen Tundra (Dynasty)
Instinctive
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic

Postby aaawall91 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:03 pm

Instinctive wrote:I think there shouldn't be any veto, persay, but rather that each trade takes a day, maybe two, to process. Then if somebody has a problem with it, they can raise the issue and we'll hold up on putting the trade through if needed.

I'm really against vetoing any trade, ever, unless it's incredibly obvious collusion or tanking.

This is more or less commish veto
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 62)

Postby bungle613 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:55 pm

Need more votes please.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Next

Return to Horse Traders