Draft thoughts anyone? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Detroit Lions

Draft thoughts anyone?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Draft thoughts anyone?

Postby moochman » Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:57 pm

Like many of our faithful Lions fans life as interferred with our passions. Like Christmastime in Detroit - the Draft. Who do you hope they will take this season? Also feel free to comment on whichever WR they take in round 2 :-b , their TD bombs and fumbles.
I have not had near the time to dedicate to the seasons draft, but have heard enough to figure they would jump at the chance to take an OL, so should either Fisher or Joeckel be there. Also have to consider they may take the next LT Lane Johnson out of Oklahoma. Thinking the retirement of Backus may have caught them by suprise and they fear this gapping hole will crush team. Not an unfounded fear, and drafting an OL in the first round seems to be the only way the Lions brain trust can find anyone viable. Other guesses could be help on DE with Zeek Ansah, or even Dee Milner should he fall that far.
I would like to see them focus on D. Grab Milner shoud he be there. You say we have shored up our black hole? I say, maybe Milner could make it a strength of the D. Barring that, a legitimate pass rusher would liven up the D. Sadly, with the Leos history they will once again over pay for an OL and decide that Johnson is the BPA. Which won't be a terrible pick, just a less than decision.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Detroit Lions