2012 Season Consolidated - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Cafe Very Special Forces

2012 Season Consolidated

Moderators: LS2throwed, iamgregg, Football Moderators

2012 Rookie Draft Scheduling

Immediately after draft (beginning of May)
77%
Couple weeks after draft (middle of May)
8%
Beginning of June
15%

Total votes : 13

Re: 2012 Draft Discussion

Postby thriftyrocker » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:46 am

Kareighuis wrote:
LS2throwed wrote:I guess I should apologize since I have commish powers on flea and had no clue. I never even thought to check, as I had been wondering what was going on with waivers myself and haven't lended a helping hand as far as being co commish. That said, I upped rosters to the end of the 2nd round, but Lito didn't have room to add his last 2 players of the round. So that raises the question should we just extend roster max now to put rookies on then cut in the next few days, or what? I just stopped there because I know that's going to be an issue for a few teams.

Or Gregg if you can get around later tonight or whenever to finish up whatever you had in mind will be fine, I just wanted to help get the rookies added on at least.

Since the (teams?) who haven't made the necessary cuts are unresponsive and thus unlikely to make any waiver claims, the rest of the draft selections could be inputted so waivers could be opened this Tuesday. If the teams that haven't made the necessary cuts attempt to make a waiver acquisition, it'd be voided.

Only Guru13 needs to cut at this point. Only needs to cut 1 guy. I PM'ed him about it yesterday.

The way I've done this in the past is to choose the guy's cut for him but say "guys don't claim this player".

Invalidated claims are a big headache. Person shows up and bids $100 on the top FA, then who gets the FA? Flea doesn't present us with the losing bids. Obviously other claims can be affected (bid $80 on two players, get outbid on one so get the 2nd, someone else loses out on the 2nd).
thriftyrocker

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby thriftyrocker » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:48 am

In other words I would just cut a guy like Sutton from Guru's roster, and open everything up. He can clarify who he really wants to drop if necessary when he pops back in.
thriftyrocker

Postby Kareighuis » Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:03 am

thriftyrocker wrote:
Kareighuis wrote:
LS2throwed wrote:I guess I should apologize since I have commish powers on flea and had no clue. I never even thought to check, as I had been wondering what was going on with waivers myself and haven't lended a helping hand as far as being co commish. That said, I upped rosters to the end of the 2nd round, but Lito didn't have room to add his last 2 players of the round. So that raises the question should we just extend roster max now to put rookies on then cut in the next few days, or what? I just stopped there because I know that's going to be an issue for a few teams.

Or Gregg if you can get around later tonight or whenever to finish up whatever you had in mind will be fine, I just wanted to help get the rookies added on at least.

Since the (teams?) who haven't made the necessary cuts are unresponsive and thus unlikely to make any waiver claims, the rest of the draft selections could be inputted so waivers could be opened this Tuesday. If the teams that haven't made the necessary cuts attempt to make a waiver acquisition, it'd be voided.

Only Guru13 needs to cut at this point. Only needs to cut 1 guy. I PM'ed him about it yesterday.

The way I've done this in the past is to choose the guy's cut for him but say "guys don't claim this player".

Invalidated claims are a big headache. Person shows up and bids $100 on the top FA, then who gets the FA? Flea doesn't present us with the losing bids. Obviously other claims can be affected (bid $80 on two players, get outbid on one so get the 2nd, someone else loses out on the 2nd).

That's different and probably better. Invalidating claims and correctly awarding the player(s) would he a huge headache. In another league, I told delinquent owners who I would cut if they didn't make their cuts by a certain deadline.
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading." - Henny Youngman

I want a prehensile sucker tail, and I don't want to wait fifty million years.
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby thriftyrocker » Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:54 am

Guru made his cut, so league is ready for Gregg or LS2 to flip it over for a new year ;-D ;-D
thriftyrocker

Postby WaCougMBS » Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:48 pm

thriftyrocker wrote:Guru made his cut, so league is ready for Gregg or LS2 to flip it over for a new year ;-D ;-D

There's only one $100 budget for the whole season (including preseason), is that what I'm hearing? :-?
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby thriftyrocker » Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:50 pm

WaCougMBS wrote:
thriftyrocker wrote:Guru made his cut, so league is ready for Gregg or LS2 to flip it over for a new year ;-D ;-D

There's only one $100 budget for the whole season (including preseason), is that what I'm hearing? :-?

Yes, just like last year. You can make $0 bids, etc., etc. No Free Agency til after W1 - all claims are through waivers.
thriftyrocker

Looking for QB2

Postby Thracken » Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:19 pm

I need a QB to start for Week 8, let me know if you have someone available. FJax and Bradshaw both on the block if you need RBs
Thracken
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Injured Reserve; Designated to Return

Postby iamgregg » Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:28 pm

See this post and the rest of the flea message board for further discussion.

If Option 2 or 3 goes through, Lito should obviously be allowed the choice of reactivating/cutting/staying put regarding Vincent brown.
iamgregg
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter

Re: Injured Reserve; Designated to Return

Postby Kareighuis » Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:34 pm

I think it's simple- on NFL IR, can be on IR in CVSF. Not on NFL IR, then no IR in CVSF.

Regarding policing, I think it's simple- if game time starts and a player who's team has started playing isn't on an NFL IR but he's IR'd in CVSF, the commish cuts them to make that roster complaint with the rules. That assumes the team doesn't have an open spot on their active roster. Pretty simple.

Given the new wrinkle the NFL has put in, I can see an argument about making PUP players IR-able in CVSF. I'd rather hold that debate for later and fix this now.

Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby Kareighuis » Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:34 pm

For those who didn't see or couldn't find- viewtopic.php?f=387&t=519253&p=3456168#p3455857

Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Cafe Very Special Forces