Who to keep: M. Ryan, Decker, Bowe, V-Jax? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Dynasty & Keeper Questions

Who to keep: M. Ryan, Decker, Bowe, V-Jax?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Who to keep: M. Ryan, Decker, Bowe, V-Jax?

Postby TBA » Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:23 am

Hey there.

I would like some help to decide my 4th keeper.

Im in a 14-team non-PPR keeper league.We start only one QB.

Adrian Peterson, Calvin Johnson and LeSean McCoy are locks to be keepers.

Now I must decide between: Matty Ryan, Eric Decker, Dwayne Bowe and Vincent Jackson.

What do you think?

Thanks guys.
TBA
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Who to keep: M. Ryan, Decker, Bowe, V-Jax?

Postby 11stever11 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:16 am

I would keep Vincent Jackson. I think your can get a similar QB to Matt Ryan in the draft. Decker now has to compete with Wes Welker for targets, so I see him as a high end WR3 to a low end WR2. I like Bowe this season, but I think that Alex Smith will limit his upside. V-Jax should continue to put up high end WR2 numbers.
Thanks Franchise Fan for the sig!
11stever11

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 46)

Postby Gibbs Baby!!! » Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:36 pm

I think that's sound advice above, but I'm personally not sold on the Bucs, and would put Jackson at more of a benchwarmer spot as the season progresses.

I would actually keep Ryan, I think he'll be progressing further with the targets he has there, and will be just a step below the top 3 QB's, probably even above Brady with the issues going on in New England (they're gonna be more focused on the run game this year, wouldn't you think?) The only problem with my logic is that the step to the next QB might not be all that huge, but it's a gamble worth taking.

Do you lose the pick in the round you got those guys originally? That info might help us decide who to advise you on keeping.
"We couldn’t do diddley poo offensively, we couldn’t make a first down, we couldn’t run the ball, we didn’t try to run the ball, we couldn’t complete a pass - we sucked." ~ James Ernest Mora
Gibbs Baby!!!
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 415)

Postby duffoholic » Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:48 pm

Assuming this is just a straight keeper, I think the choice comes down to Ryan and V-jax. I'm not sure why people are so low on Jax though. His numbers last year were nuts and with Martin still toting the rock there you have to assume defences will be kept pretty honest and not be able to double team him too much. I see him as a high WR2 or even decent WR1 this season and with that he get's my vote. Regardless of how good Ryan is, you should be able to get him again in the draft with your first or second pick if you want him back and can't get somebody better.
duffoholic
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 421)

Postby murphysxm » Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:27 am

for me there is no way you use a keeper on Ryan. It's too easy to pick up a QB in the draft to waste a keeper unless you are getting Rodgers or Brees. For me it comes down to Jackson and Bowe. They are close enough go with the guy you like, for me that guy is Bowe.
murphysxm

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 212)

Postby TBA » Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:12 am

Thanks for the help guys.

Im gonna tell you that I was almost sure to keep Ryan.

Actually we dont lose the picks where the players were drafted.

Bowe was very disappointing last year, but I reckon he can have a good season under Andy Reid.

V-Jax is good but Freeman is not.

Im not sure what to do. Damn.
TBA
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby k_dubya » Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:43 pm

v-jax. qb you can get comparable later

viewtopic.php?t=534473
10 team 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF
P Manning, RG3
A Foster, CJ Spiller, B Tate, Le'Veon Bell,
D Thomas, J Nelson, M Wallace, DeAndre Hopkins, Vincent Brown, Marlon Brown
J Thomas, M Bennett
Prater
Ravens
k_dubya
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 5)

Postby mycuccismells » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:21 am

duffoholic wrote:I'm not sure why people are so low on Jax though. His numbers last year were nuts and with Martin still toting the rock there you have to assume defences will be kept pretty honest and not be able to double team him too much. I see him as a high WR2 or even decent WR1 this season and with that he get's my vote.

I think part of the reason people are "low" on VJax is because of how much he relies on the long TDs. Last year he didnt break 100 yards in any game that he didnt have a 40+ yard reception, and only one game where he didnt have a 40+ yard TD. I am a big Jackson fan (won me a few games last year) but i could see why people may not like someone that relies that much on the big play.

In comparison Bowe only had 2 plays that were over 40 yards last year, and didnt score a 40+ yard TD all year. I think he has been on the wrong side of a bad QB stable for awhile now, so people are optimistic that now he has a competent QB that he could thrive especially under their new offensive system.

Both teams have good RBs that open up the passing game, but Bowe is the only receiver in KC so he will get force fed while TB also has Mike Williams on the other side. I think we have seen the upside of Vjax (which is very good) but people believe that this year will be the year that we finally see what Bowe is fully capable of. I think both guys have WR1 upside to go with a pretty high floor so i see them fairly comparable, all depends on who you have a better feeling about
mycuccismells
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 358)

Postby TBA » Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:59 pm

If I don't get Ryan back, which QB Im can draft who can replace him accordingly?
TBA
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby mycuccismells » Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:38 pm

TBA wrote:If I don't get Ryan back, which QB Im can draft who can replace him accordingly?

Its really hard to tell in a 14 team league that allows 4 keepers; thats 56 players off of the board. Do you know what pick you will have in the upcoming draft? Will you know who is being kept before the draft?? Since you can keep anyone Im assuming that somewhere around the top 25RBs and top 25WRs will be kept along with Gronk/Graham and a small handful of QBs. Depending on your draft position and who is left in the draft you might even target Ryan (or whatever WR you are throwing back) with your first round pick.
mycuccismells
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 358)

Next

Return to Dynasty & Keeper Questions