Starting up new IDP league - the Champions League - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Classifieds

Starting up new IDP league - the Champions League

Moderator: Football Moderators

Starting up new IDP league - the Champions League

Postby diablo » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:53 pm

Hello FF Cafe members! As noted above I am starting up a new League with IDPs somewhat modeled after my two existing Leagues run through MFL. Since I am new here FF Cafe is preventing me from posting direct links but I can provide them if you email me (see below) or PM me.

I realize there are always concerns about whether a posting like this is a scam. I echo these concerns so here is a little background. I've run the Premier League since 1995 and the Elite League since 2001. I am new to the FF Cafe but have been a "member" at Football Guys for a long time. I'm not much of a poster simply because I don't have a lot of time to devote to message boards. I do like to lurk though!

My current Leagues are nearly full (let me know if you are interested in them). The Champions League represents a new challenge for me as Commissioner since I've never run a League with IDPs. I've found over the years that I enjoy running the Leagues more than playing in them. In the existing Leagues we switched to League Safe to hold all funds and this has worked out well.

I hope the above alleviates any concerns about this "new poster" soliciting for owners in a new League. I just know the FF Cafe is a popular place with FF'ers and so that's why I'm here. Below are some bullet points about the new League I'm starting up:

1. 16 teams organized into two(2) eight-team conferences further subdivided into two (2) four-team divisions.
2. Head-to-head style of play over a thirteen-week regular season with a total of 16 games.
3. Championship playoff bracket and consolation playoff bracket.
4. Team salary caps, player salaries and contracts.
5. Email-driven auction-style draft each year and weekly blind bidding free agency.
6. Traditional offensive player positions and individual defensive players with flex lineup option.
7. Performance style scoring.
8. Franchise or “keeper” players held over for the following season for each team. (This is NOT a dynasty league.)

We're looking at an entry fee of $55 with a first place payout of $300. Several positions are claimed by owners from my two existing leagues but I have at least five openings.

If you are interested please contact me by PM (can't even put in an email address) . I have a dummy site up for the 2012 season so you can see how player stats looked using the scoring system. Again I'm not permitted to post direct links here.

Hope to hear from some of you soon!
I am a real person. I am not a spambot.
diablo
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Starting up new IDP league - the Champions League

Postby diablo » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:02 pm

Update for any lurkers out there...

We still have three spots open in the Champions League. Please leave me a PM so I can get more information to you if you have questions or are interested in the League.

Thanks!
diablo
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby diablo » Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:28 pm

Update - though the Champions League did fill in late February, an unexpected opening has come up and is now available. Please reference my original post for a thumbnail sketch of the League. We are planning a mock draft around the end of March to acclimate everyone to the email auction draft style we will use for the "real" draft so time is of the essence.

Contact me if you are interested. Thanks.
diablo
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby diablo » Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:15 pm

Bump....sort of.

The Champions League was ready to start drafting TODAY until I had to suspend operations because AT LEAST THREE owners bowed out. I've run Leagues for 15 years and I've never experienced this sort of exodus so close to the beginning of the season (or the draft). I'm confident based on my communication with those owners that the reasons for leaving were personal and NOT related to the League.

So I am once again fielding interest from the community at large. As I said above, I have three openings as of right now. The information in my original post remains accurate. Right now I am targeting mid-June to start the email auction draft so time is of the essence.

Please contact me if you are interested in the Champions League!
diablo
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby diablo » Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:15 pm

Bumping....Still have an opening in the Champions League. Check out the original post for more information or email me at tbaker96@gmail.com.

Thanks for taking a look!
diablo
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Return to Classifieds