9 Team (Total Points) 1.0-PPR League *WHIR* - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

9 Team (Total Points) 1.0-PPR League *WHIR*

Moderator: Football Moderators

9 Team (Total Points) 1.0-PPR League *WHIR*

Postby sundydrver » Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:46 pm

I had last pic in a snake draft. Had my my first 2 picks all figured out cause I was so sure that I knew what the first 8 guys were doing. Well when DMC got picked 3rd and Stafford got picked 4th, lets just say I was suprised that Brees was still there. SO i jumped the gun and grabbed him and Graham, which kinda bit me in the butt for RB's since I didnt grab one early. Then a Round 7/8 internet disconnect drafted Spiller and Bradshaw out of my queue when I was gonna go WR/RB for those two rounds. Anyways, overall I think I did okay, not super happy but will make some trades and pickups the first couple weeks. What do you guys think?

Leauge Details:
9 Teams
Total Points League (not head to head)
PPR w/ Basic Scoring (1pt for every recep, 1pt every 10yrds running or rec, every TD is 6, blah blah blah)

Starting:
QB Drew Brees
WR Andre Johnson
WR Eric Decker
WR Malcom Floyd
RB Jamaal Charles
RB Reggie Bush
TE Jimmy Graham
K Stephen Gostkowski
DEF Houston

Bench:
QB Andrew Luck
WR Titus Young
WR Kenny Britt
RB C.J. Spiller
RB Ahmad Bradshaw
TE Kyle Rudolph
DEF New England
sundydrver
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 34)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: 9 Team (Total Points) 1.0-PPR League *WHIR*

Postby Da'Markus Russell » Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:06 pm

sundydrver wrote:I had last pic in a snake draft. Had my my first 2 picks all figured out cause I was so sure that I knew what the first 8 guys were doing. Well when DMC got picked 3rd and Stafford got picked 4th, lets just say I was suprised that Brees was still there. SO i jumped the gun and grabbed him and Graham, which kinda bit me in the butt for RB's since I didnt grab one early. Then a Round 7/8 internet disconnect drafted Spiller and Bradshaw out of my queue when I was gonna go WR/RB for those two rounds. Anyways, overall I think I did okay, not super happy but will make some trades and pickups the first couple weeks. What do you guys think?

Leauge Details:
9 Teams
Total Points League (not head to head)
PPR w/ Basic Scoring (1pt for every recep, 1pt every 10yrds running or rec, every TD is 6, blah blah blah)

Starting:
QB Drew Brees
WR Andre Johnson
WR Eric Decker
WR Malcom Floyd
RB Jamaal Charles
RB Reggie Bush
TE Jimmy Graham
K Stephen Gostkowski
DEF Houston

Bench:
QB Andrew Luck
WR Titus Young
WR Kenny Britt
RB C.J. Spiller
RB Ahmad Bradshaw
TE Kyle Rudolph
DEF New England

Nice team you've got here. While #10 may have been a bit of a reach, Graham and Brees will be a force. I'd also start Bradshaw over Bush on a regular basis, seeing as he's still healthy and it may take a while before Wilson truly gets involved in the offence. My only real worries are injury related, with Andre and Charles as potential risks. However I wouldn't be surprised to see Decker, Floyd or even Titus to break out and be worthy of a starting spot if AJ does get injured.

viewtopic.php?t=517712 Thanks
Da'Markus Russell
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 3)

Postby sundydrver » Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:08 pm

Was thinking the same thing and was just about to post if I should start Bradshaw or Bush week 1.
sundydrver
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby sundydrver » Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:57 am

Anyone else?
sundydrver
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby rasmusDoh » Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:40 am

I like your team, Brees and Graham are super studs, and i think Charles will be too.
If A. Johnson doesn't get injured he's a major stud for sure too. I think Decker will be Manning's favorite target, so thats a nice WR2. Floyd should do good too.

Both Bradshaw and Bush will serve as good RB2's, but gotta play matchups.

I think the Texans' defense is evil, so wouldn't start Bush against them. Go with Bradshaw and hope for a good game tonight ;)
2013 roster (10-man PPR league)

QBs: R. Wilson, Romo
RBs: D. Martin, Sproles, L. Miller, G. Bernard
WRs: R. White, Amendola, Josh Gordon, Edelman, James Jones, Keenan Allen
TEs: Graham
K: Weekly
DEF: Weekly
rasmusDoh
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 182)

Postby BigFin13 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:39 am

I don't think you hurt yourself by taking Brees when you did. He's a lock for at least 350 total fantasy points, and more likely closer to 400! He'll put up more overall value than Arian Foster, Ray Rice, LeSean McCoy, Maurice Jones Drew, or even Calvin Johnson will when it's all said and done. The fact that you were also able to get Jimmy Graham speaks well for your squad. Andre Johnson is a beast when he's on the field and I think he's got a chance to stay healthy b/c the Texans are commited (as well they should be) to pounding Foster & Tate a bit more this year. Decker will be Manning's favorite target, Charles will lose some redzone & goalline opportunites to Hillis, and yes, I'd go with Bradshaw tonight.

Big Thanks for helping me! ;-D
BigFin13
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Papa Deuce » Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:36 pm

Well, JMO, but Reggie Bush is someone I wanted NO PART of this year. With no other weapons, and a rookie QB, defenses should be able to key on him and shut him down. I love Eric Decker, and would have considered keeping him on my own team, but I already had Calvin and Julio as 2 of my 4 keepers.
Papa Deuce
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 27)

Postby tracyjesq » Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:10 pm

I like your team. Brees and Graham are absolute studs. I love your WR corps. I agree with others about Bush vs. Bradshaw. I generally like Bush in PPR leagues but I am concerned about Miami's offense (or lack thereof). I would definitely start Bradshaw this week.

Thanks for the help with mine!
tracyjesq
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 16)

Postby Meugenio » Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:17 pm

I'll add that I think you got Bradshaw for a steal where you did.

viewtopic.php?t=518208
Meugenio
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby sask » Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:53 pm

nice team
sask
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 3)