Is this team the NO Saints of fantasy PPR? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

Is this team the NO Saints of fantasy PPR?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Is this team the NO Saints of fantasy PPR?

Postby garretterik » Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:54 pm

This is my first year doing PPR (.5 pts per reception). I had first pick in a 10 person league and thought I had a GREAT draft. I looked dominate at every position except QB.
Now I am 0-4 (although I am 5th in total points and number 1 in points against) :,-(
Do I stay put, look to trade, add from the ww or what?

My team:
QB Ben Roethlisberger, Pit QB
RB Ariann Foster, Hou RB
RB Alfred Morris, Wsh RB (have been playing Demarco Murray here) :-t %-6
WRWes Welker, NE WR
WRBrandon Marshall, Chi WR
TE Antonio Gates, SD TE (what is going on with this guy? Do I need to pick up another TE?)
FLEX Anquan Boldin, Bal WR (been playing a mix of Stevie Johnson and DMartin here)
D/STCowboys D/ST D/ST (dropping for Minny or Pit this week)
KGarrett Hartley, NO K
BENCH
DeMarco Murray, Dal RB
Steve Johnson, Buf WR
Doug Martin, TB RB
Ben Tate, Hou RB Q
Justin Blackmon, Jac WR
Nate Burleson, Det WR
Rashard Mendenhall, Pit RB P
Christian Ponder, Min QB

WW:
QB: Kolb, Cassel, Tannehill, Weeden
RB: Battle(SD), Bell(Det), Bolden(NE), Rodgers(Atl)
WR: ARoberts(Ari), AHawkins(Cin), JJones/CObb(GB), Bess(Mai), Kerley(NYJ), BGibson(Stl), DJones(Buf)
TE: SChanler(Buf), HMiller(Pit), GOlsen(Car), KRandolph(Min), JGreshem(Cin), FDavis(Was)
garretterik
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 29)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Is this team the NO Saints of fantasy PPR?

Postby lukeman89 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:49 pm

I'd stand pat. you have great rb depth and two awesome wideouts for a PPR league. morris has turned out to be a great pick up for people as he has churned out respectible performances all season. I would consider dropping blackmon and picking up another TE, heath miller or gresham. blackmon is a black hole for production and will give you bagels week after week
lukeman89
Monday Morning Quarterback

Postby IslandGrad » Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:15 pm

I agree with the previous post. Your depth looks pretty solid to me, and I like your RB's. Blackmon is a black hole who hasn't produced yet and I'm sure won't do anything for the rest of the season. This may be because I'm a Patriots fan, and I'll give that as a disclaimer right now - but I would suggest picking up Bolden from NE as another RB. Yes, he will not have another crazy game like Sunday, but with the Patriots moving towards a running offense and the injuries in their receiving core, I think that having that strong power RB in a versatile offense will be a big plus.

Just my two cents though - I'm still only a rookie in fantasy football.
IslandGrad
Monday Morning Quarterback

Postby LanceHardwood » Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:02 am

Trololol. I'm in a similar boat (0-4), but I picked last out of 12 in a standard PPR.

Week 3 sucked for me because that's when Larry Fitzgerald broke out and I sat him. Had some other clunkers too that week.

Anyways as for you, there is a lot of good TE's sitting in the pool.

You do lack a great fantasy QB, but Roethlisberger has Ben known to put in his fair share of passing TD's, and with Wallace, Brown and Miller catching balls, you are well on your way. Perhaps you, the Saints and I can still make our way into the playoffs.
LanceHardwood
Water Boy
Water Boy

Return to Roster Ratings