Dynasty League Roster - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

Dynasty League Roster

Moderator: Football Moderators

Dynasty League Roster

Postby wtr23 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:44 am

12 team dynasty league with full IDP. As far as starters are concerned...

offense - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 TE, 3 WR, 1 WR/RB, 1 WR/TE, 1 K
defense- 4 DL, 3 LB, 2 CB, 2 S

Scoring for IDP is increased in an attempt to balance scoring on both sides of the ball. Here's the breakdown:
2 pts Tackle, 1 pt Asst Tackle
3 pts sack
2 pts FF, 3 pts FR
1 pt pass def, 3 pts INT
6 pts DEF TD

Here's my roster after the vet draft, I'll be adding 4 rookies to the team with the rookie draft.

QB- Wilson, Smith, Freeman
RB- Foster, Gore, Ivory
WR- Marshall, D. Thomas, Bowe, L. Moore, Boldin, Sanu, Streater
TE- H. Miller, Cameron, Myers
K- Graham, Hauschka

DL- L. Houston, A. Rubin, K. Biermann, B. Robison, F. Cox
LB- P. Posluszny, L. David, J. Freeman, B. Carter, D. Harris, N. Bradham
CB- D. Hall, C. Williams, B. Skrine, J. Norman
S- H. Smith, D. Whitner

rookies
RB Montee ball, Zac Stacy
WR Markus Wheaton
LB Sio Moore
S Johnathan Cyprien
Last edited by wtr23 on Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:56 pm, edited 11 times in total.
(sig by soty)
wtr23
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 224)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Dynasty League Roster

Postby 11stever11 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:51 pm

I think this will be a competitive team. I really like Wilson in dynasty; I have him ranked 7 for QBs. Your RBs are solid. I am a bit worried about D-Rich, so I would consider taking Zac Stacy I the rookie draft. I like your depth at WR. It's great that you have two top 5 WRs. I'm a bit concerned about your TEs. I can't help you much with IDP.
Thanks Franchise Fan for the sig!
11stever11

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 46)

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:08 pm

wtr23 wrote:12 team dynasty league with full IDP. As far as starters are concerned...

offense - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 TE, 3 WR, 1 WR/RB, 1 WR/TE, 1 K
defense- 4 DL, 3 LB, 2 CB, 2 S

Scoring for IDP is increased in an attempt to balance scoring on both sides of the ball. Here's the breakdown:
2 pts Tackle, 1 pt Asst Tackle
3 pts sack
2 pts FF, 3 pts FR
1 pt pass def, 3 pts INT
6 pts DEF TD

Here's my roster after the vet draft, I'll be adding 4 rookies to the team with the rookie draft.

QB- Wilson, Smith, Freeman
RB- Foster, Gore, D. Richardson, D. Williams, P. Thomas
WR- Marshall, D. Thomas, L. Moore, Jones (GB), Sanu, Quick
TE- H. Miller, Myers, Walker
K- Graham, Barth

DL- L. Houston, V. Wilfork, A. Rubin, B. Robison, F. Cox
LB- P. Posluszny, L. David, J. Freeman, K. Burnett, D. Harris
CB- C. Williams, B. Skrine, A. Cason, K. Lewis
S- H. Smith, D. Whitner, Q. Mikell

11stever11 wrote:I think this will be a competitive team. I really like Wilson in dynasty; I have him ranked 7 for QBs. Your RBs are solid. I am a bit worried about D-Rich, so I would consider taking Zac Stacy I the rookie draft. I like your depth at WR. It's great that you have two top 5 WRs. I'm a bit concerned about your TEs. I can't help you much on you with IDP.

I rarely post in the roster rankings forum, but I'll give you my opinion on your IDP's.

DL: I think you have too many DT's (Wilfork, Cox & Rubin). Not always, but usually DT's don't score much in fantasy. Since you don't have to start any DT's, I think you should start as many DE's as possible. I think Houston is a high end DL2/low end DL3, and I think Robison is a solid DL3. I wouldn't really recommend drafting any rookie DL's only because they almost never produce right away. Your 3 DT's are decent. They should be able to help you in the beginning of the season, but I'd really look at getting better DL's off the waiver wire (if you can) early in the season.

LB: Pos is a solid LB1, and L.David could be the same this year...probably a high end LB2 at worst. I think Freeman is a solid LB2 with some upside. I think D.Harris is a low end LB3/high end LB4, and I think Burnett is a solid LB 4. Since you start 3LB's, I think you're pretty set at LB.

CB: Most CB's don't score a lot in fantasy. In leagues that don't separate CB from S, almost everyone tries to start S's because they get more tackle opportunities. Most CB's aren't consistent year to year, so this is another position that you should focus on the waiver wire early in the season. I think all 4 of your CBs' are decent, but I'm not sure if you have any CB1's outside of possibly C.Williams. Also, since you only have to start 2 CB's, you might want to think about only carrying 1 backup during the season (since they're not usually that valuable and can usually be found on the waiver wire).

S: I really like H.Smith this year. He came on last year at the end of his rookie season, and I still regret not grabbing him of the waiver wire in one of my dynasty leagues last year. I was looking at him all year, but I waited too long and someone scooped him up. I think he'll be a solid DB1...probably high end DB2 at worst. I think Whitner should be a low end DB3/low end DB4. Mikell has been a solid DB, but he's a FA. I think he'll be serviceable once he latches on to a team. Reports are that STL still might re-sign him. So I think you might be a little thin at S after H.Smith. I'd think about drafting a rookie S late in the rookie draft that looks like he'll be starting from day 1, or I'd be looking to upgrade on the waiver wire during the season.

Hope that helps, and good luck! ;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Postby wtr23 » Mon May 06, 2013 9:12 pm

Updated with recent FA transactions and rookie picks... made sure I got Stacy to back D-rich, dropped Mikell (FA) and drafted another safety. I also dropped D Williams in order to pick up Ivory. I feel like I'm set on offense, but my defense is a little older and I may need to work on that before the start of the season.
(sig by soty)
wtr23
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby wtr23 » Sun May 19, 2013 2:00 am

updated 5/23.

*Traded P Thomas and James Jones for Murray and Boldin.
Dropped Minter, picked up Sio Moore (LB)
Last edited by wtr23 on Thu May 23, 2013 2:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
(sig by soty)
wtr23
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Perfectibilist » Thu May 23, 2013 2:16 pm

I'm a little late, but I get the advantage of seeing the advice you got and what you did with it.

I'm honestly quite impressed. D Rich won't be the starter for long (if ever) but he will be nice to have as a handcuff to Stacy. I love Ball, I expect good things from him, helps you with gore getting older and others developing. Even though you can potentially start 3 TEs, I think carrying 4 is too many. I would try to flip one for a DE maybe, because that's where I would add one more since you start 4.

Minter may take some time, but he should be good. Love David at LB, my fave of your IDPs, he's a top-5 LB for dynastys. I'm lower on Poz than most, in every league I have him I am looking to move him, but that's just personal feeling. Love Cyprien at S, instantly becomes a starter for the Jags and for you.

I agree with the previous comments that you need more DEs. A good shopping place for them is teams owning players that recently switched from 3-4 to 4-3. Ware, Spencer are two examples that are now DLs so their owners may now be DL heavy and LB needy.
Thanks to Freyaka for the sig!
Perfectibilist
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter

Postby wtr23 » Thu May 23, 2013 9:14 pm

I meant to post another message earlier, I'll get to it now :-)

Add Murray, Boldin for James Jones, P Thomas - From the beginning I thought I had the edge, but the Crabtree injury pushed this one over the top for me. Huge upgrade from thomas to murray (im guessing this move was to handcuff sproles), and J Jones and Boldin were about level in my eyes. Jones may have a breakout year, but Boldin should see an increased workload plus Murray for P thomas was too good to pass up. I felt like Murray was necessary because a) My RB group was lacking and b) Gore only has a couple more years of good production left. The same could be said about Boldin, but at the time I was worried more by my RBs than WRs, so the choice was simple in my eyes.

Add Sio Moore, drop Kevin Minter - I originally drafted Minter because of the Daryl Washington suspension, but seeing that the Cardinals picked up Karlos Dansby it didn't look like Minter was worth much. I feel like Moore will see plenty of action this year, though the favorite team influence played a part in the pick as well. I'm thinking of shopping Burnett, I can't really hold onto both of them and of the two I'll take the younger player.

I'm now trying to beef up at WR, maybe offering a 2 for 1 and scooping a DE off of the wire to help out there while I'm at it. At this point I'm really happy with my team, but there's always room for improvement.
(sig by soty)
wtr23
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby wtr23 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:32 am

6/5 update

>>dropped Burnett, added Bruce Carter
>>dropped Brian Quick, added Rod Streater
>>dropped Daryl Richardson, added Josh Norman

PENDING: Drop Wilfork, add Biermann

Compared to the other teams in my league, Im averaging 10-15 points per game more than the other teams (projected points that is...I feel its closer than that). I feel like I have a good combination of veteran and youth talent and should be set for a few years. I'm also dropping Richardson in favor of Josh Norman (CB), I hate letting him go but I think Stacy is going to be the long term answer there and I needed some help at CB.
(sig by soty)
wtr23
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby wtr23 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:35 pm

Biermann for Wilfork approved

also added Bradham, dropped Lewis
(sig by soty)
wtr23
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby wtr23 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:31 am

Bump^

updates:

>>Ertz is out, Wheaton in (hoping for some kind of future success at WR)
>> Barth blows his leg out, in comes Hauschka
>> DeAngelo Hall picked up as a free agent, Cason dropped.

Now I try not to go by projections to judge my team... but yahoo has me penned in at 14-0. I like those projections :-D
(sig by soty)
wtr23
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Next

Return to Roster Ratings