12 team Keeper WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

12 team Keeper WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

12 team Keeper WHIR

Postby Gibbs Baby!!! » Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:51 pm

Here's what I would up with last night. Even though I drank more beer than I ever have at a draft (although there are a couple fuzzy years around 95-97 ;-) ) I think I did alright.

12 teams, we can keep 2 players drafted in round 4 or later for the following season only.

All TD's are 6 pts, PPR, yardage

1 (8) Jamaal Charles
2 (16) Reggie Bush
3 (30) Jimmy Graham
4 (38) Marquez Colston
5 (52) Vincent Jackson (kept from 2012)
6 (60) Tavon Austin
7 (74) Seattle D
8 (82) Shane Vereen
9 (96) Denarius Moore
10 (104) Andy Dalton
11 (118) Michael Floyd
12 (126) Bilal Powell
13 (140) Shonn Greene
14 (148) Malcolm Floyd
15 (162) E J Manuel
16 (170) Justin Tucker
17 (184) Brandon Wheeden (kept from 2012)
18 (192) Darrius Heyward-Bey

leave a link!
"We couldn’t do diddley poo offensively, we couldn’t make a first down, we couldn’t run the ball, we didn’t try to run the ball, we couldn’t complete a pass - we sucked." ~ James Ernest Mora
Gibbs Baby!!!
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 415)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: 12 team Keeper WHIR

Postby rickyp024 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:46 am

Hey man, I would say this a very solid squad - the only hole I see is at QB. Dalton and Weeden aren't going to put up huge numbers, but are consistent. If you could find a way to upgrade that spot, I would say you have a really, really good team!

Take a look at mine and help! viewtopic.php?t=535694
rickyp024
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Gibbs Baby!!! » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:06 pm

Thanks Ricky! I think this is the best team I've had in this particular league in a few years. Been a while since I won a Championship here, I gotta get some bragging rights with my cousins.

As for QB, you're right, definitely my weakest position, but that was the price to pay to get quality at the other spots. I think Dalton's gonna take that big step forward this year, but we'll have to wait and see how it plays out.
"We couldn’t do diddley poo offensively, we couldn’t make a first down, we couldn’t run the ball, we didn’t try to run the ball, we couldn’t complete a pass - we sucked." ~ James Ernest Mora
Gibbs Baby!!!
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby etl1692 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:27 pm

I like your RB's. Bush could be a dud, with how much the Lions throw. I believe Stafford had the highest pass attempts (and why not with Calvin Johnson there). That could also open up the run game nicely for him. I dont know too much about that O-line, but I just know they havent had a decent running game in a while.

WR's are pretty set and with Graham in there at TE, its an extra solid reciever.

Qb's are lacking, but Dalton could have a good year. and Weeden on the Browns, just gonna lack points in this category compared to most QB's IMO.

Defense is solid (obvious)

Your BEnch is nicely built. You should have a good year.

Thanks on mine! Good Luck
etl1692
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 42)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby diablo99 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:10 pm

Thanks for the reply.

I think your team is pretty good.

Qb is kind of weak with Dalton and Weeden. If Dalton takes the step you should be ok.

RB you have 2 great ppr beasts and one the could quite possibly be in vereen. After that you need a little depth.

WR Colston is good every year as long as he stays healthy. Jackson it all comes down to qb play. And I love Austin. Very solid here.

Te what else can I say that is your weakest postion...haha just messing with you. Best in the game

Overal solid team that should be competitive.
“You be the Magic Man, and I’ll be El Diablo.” “What’s that mean?” “I think it’s spanish for fighting chicken.”
diablo99
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 19)

Postby JerseyBearsGuy » Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:54 pm

Thanks for your insight on mypost.

I do really like your team here. Great PPR guys all around, from your RB's, WR's, and TE. And your right, having Dalton isn't going to win you a championship, but having him with all of the other studs, very well could be a championship waiting for you. All you need is for one of your QB's to be 'serviceable' and not get you negative points and you should do fine each week.

And I wouldn't be looking to trade either, keep your depth, and rotate your QB's. (I loved EJ Manuel before the knee 'issue', keep him around, he could surprise! ;-D
A. Luck, M. Vick
A. Morris, S. Ridley, D. Williams, L. Miller, W. Mcgahee
B. Marshall, Julio Jones, S. Smith, S. Johnson, E. Royal, M. Brown
J. Thomas, G. Olsen
D. Bailey
Minnesota
JerseyBearsGuy
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Response Team
(Past Year: 173)

Postby bradleyk » Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:33 pm

etl1692 wrote:I like your RB's. Bush could be a dud, with how much the Lions throw. I believe Stafford had the highest pass attempts (and why not with Calvin Johnson there). That could also open up the run game nicely for him. I dont know too much about that O-line, but I just know they havent had a decent running game in a while.

You seem like a nice guy, so sorry if it seems like I'm bullying, but I think you're absolutely dead wrong. Last year Stafford threw 144 passes at his RBs. LeShoure, Bell, and Smith specifically, none of whom are anywhere near as good at Bush. Bush averages more than 9 yards per reception when playing on turf. Lets say that he "only" gets 100 of those 144 targets, I think it's fair to say Bush would catch about 70 of them. These, I think, are actually pretty conservative numbers. 70 points (OP plays PPR) plus 36 for yards off receptions means Bush is looking at a nice 106 points before factoring touchdowns if he doesn't take a single rush.

And while we're at it, the Lions never gave Jahvid Best a ton of rushes, but he did well with what he had. I think Bush has more talent than Best, and Best stayed very fantasy relevant with the Lions, in part because teams were a lot more worried about the passing game. In Miami, if the opposing OC had to decide between opening lanes for Reggie Bush or allow passes for Tannehill/Henne and Hartline, that was an easy answer. Deciding between Reggie Bush or allowing Stafford and Calvin Johnson to connect gets a very different answer. I'm convinced that Bush's YPC is going up this year.

I think Reggie Bush is a fantastic RB with the potential to finish top-10 in PPR this year if he stays healthy.
bradleyk
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 111)

Postby Gibbs Baby!!! » Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:22 pm

Thanks all!

JerseyBearsGuy wrote:Thanks for your insight on mypost.

I do really like your team here. Great PPR guys all around, from your RB's, WR's, and TE. And your right, having Dalton isn't going to win you a championship, but having him with all of the other studs, very well could be a championship waiting for you. All you need is for one of your QB's to be 'serviceable' and not get you negative points and you should do fine each week.

And I wouldn't be looking to trade either, keep your depth, and rotate your QB's. (I loved EJ Manuel before the knee 'issue', keep him around, he could surprise! ;-D

I picked Manuel up for 2 reasons - I think he'll be a solid QB3, possibly 2 this year. And with our keeper rules, I should be set at QB next season, with the 15th round pick. Which bodes pretty well for me next year.

Thanks again everyone! I feel real good about this league this year. Another draft tonight yet...
Gibbs Baby!!!
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby JerseyBearsGuy » Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:47 pm

I liked EJ bc of what Newton and RGIII did the past 2 seasons during their rookie year. Now, I'm not saying that EJ compares to these two, or going to produce like they did, but the upside is there and now you can keep him if need be for next year. You'll be fine lol
A. Luck, M. Vick
A. Morris, S. Ridley, D. Williams, L. Miller, W. Mcgahee
B. Marshall, Julio Jones, S. Smith, S. Johnson, E. Royal, M. Brown
J. Thomas, G. Olsen
D. Bailey
Minnesota
JerseyBearsGuy
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Response Team
(Past Year: 173)