With the first pick in the 2011 NFL draft, the Dallas... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Dallas Cowboys

With the first pick in the 2011 NFL draft, the Dallas...

Moderator: Football Moderators

With the first pick in the 2011 NFL draft, the Dallas...

Postby woodson_28 » Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:45 pm

Too early? Only like 5 or 6 teams w/ a 1-4 record have made playoffs in the history of the NFL. I think we're at the point in which losing is the best thing the 'boys can do. A few high draft picks could help rebuild an aging o-line.

Anyway, just wanted to vent about how poorly this team is being coached. I'm thinking 5-11 record is likely at this point.
woodson_28
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: With the first pick in the 2011 NFL draft, the Dallas...

Postby WhyMyStudsSuck » Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:30 pm

looks like it's gonna be 1st or 2nd pick at this rate. LOL
WhyMyStudsSuck
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Don'tDropTheRock » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:07 pm

I think this topic warrants serious conversation at this point in the season. Ultimately, this pick may come down to whose coaching the 'boys next season (If Gruden becomes the man in Big D, I wouldn't be surprised in the least if he took Luck, Locker or another QB). However, their most pressing need is along the offensive line, closely followed by the defensive backfield.
Unfortunately for Dallas, there aren't any stud O-Lineman coming out. The upcoming draft is loaded with corners however.

Patrick Peterson- The consensus number one CB, Peterson plays a very similar game to Deion Sanders. Very well could be the pick if Jerry thinks he's getting the second-coming of "Prime-time".
Other highly touted CB prospects are:
Prince Akukamara
Ras-I Dowling
Brandon Harris

If Jerry chose to trade down in the draft and take an O-Lineman that's a possibility, but i think he will be to busy drooling over the thought of Peterson playing alongside Newman/Jenkins.
The waiver wire is my best friend.
Don'tDropTheRock
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby WhyMyStudsSuck » Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:10 pm

as a Redskins fan, i truly hate the cowboys. But i got to admit, they got ton of talents on the team. All they need is a good coach to get their act together. Dez Bryants is a beast.
WhyMyStudsSuck
Monday Morning Quarterback

Return to Dallas Cowboys