Bullies - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Bullies

Moderator: Football Moderators

Bullies

Postby Metroid » Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:34 pm

Knapp mentioning how he used to be a bully in another thread reminded me of this. :-D

So I get a text yesterday that says "Your buddies in the paper today, check the local section." Sure enough on the second page is a pic of this kid who used bully me in 7th and 8th grade and even into high school. He's wanted on a 500,000 felony warrant for robbery, burglary, making criminal threats, larceny, court order violations, and get this....3 counts of elder abuse. :-t

Man I'd love to run into this turd today, in the paper it says he's 5'9" and weighs a buck fifty....I'm 6'2" 220 now. :-b

So were you a bully or did you get bullied? Any good stories of turning the tables on bullies?
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Bullies

Postby The Artful Dodger » Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:06 pm

The only times I can remember being bullied was elementary school and that was a faint memory. In middle school, I was bullied less but I got into a lot of fights there and even though in high school, I was in less of them, I had an occasional tear-up. I didn't turn into a bully though.

There was this guy in middle school I remember getting into a lot of fights with. He joined a gang and is now convicted for 10 or so years of murdering 3 people a few years back. It was top story material on the local 11pm news here.
The Artful Dodger
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Matchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby scottaa1 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:07 pm

Metroid wrote:So were you a bully or did you get bullied? Any good stories of turning the tables on bullies?

I got bullied in the earlier years in school because I was pretty scrawny and didn't know how to fight. Studied a couple forms of karate, then hit the gym to bulk up. Last time I had anyone try anything with me was on a volleyball court. Guy was a wannabe Olympic gymnast who thought he was 7 feet tall and built (and a real jerk). He tried to 'pant' me (run up behind me and try to pull my shorts down) just to be a prick. I grabbed both his wrists and pinned them to his sides, then yanked him towards me and head butted him hard enough to put him down. He left, and never came back. I felt kinda bad about it since I'm not a violent sort, but when I found out later that he also liked hitting women, any remorse I had evaporated.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby Guru13 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:09 pm

Metroid wrote:Knapp mentioning how he used to be a bully in another thread reminded me of this. :-D

So I get a text yesterday that says "Your buddies in the paper today, check the local section." Sure enough on the second page is a pic of this kid who used bully me in 7th and 8th grade and even into high school. He's wanted on a 500,000 felony warrant for robbery, burglary, making criminal threats, larceny, court order violations, and get this....3 counts of elder abuse. :-t

Man I'd love to run into this turd today, in the paper it says he's 5'9" and weighs a buck fifty....I'm 6'2" 220 now. :-b

So were you a bully or did you get bullied? Any good stories of turning the tables on bullies?

There's a kid that I go to High School with, he's literally the biggest D-bag on the planet, he's bigger than me and just doesn't know when to stop (I've talked about this guy before) and he got going about my sister one day while at baseball practice (as some of you may know, my sister had a child at 17), and we got in each other's faces, and later I punched him in the face, one punch, and he went down, it felt wonderful, I hate him with a passion, would gladly do it again...don't know if this counts or not, I just like to tell people how much I hate him. :-b
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)

Postby Canucks_Fantasy » Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:19 pm

Meh, I've experienced both sides of the coin.

It's a lot more fun being the bully. I was only really ever bullied in elementary school, when I was short and pudgy. It was never really bullying, more teasing. I was frequently over at one of my "bullies" houses or at their birthday party. Everyone teased each other, I just didn't take it very well. I never experienced a true bully, just teasing.

I was more of a verbal bully, a "dick" so to speak. I was the one that made the substitute teachers cry (3 times :-D ) and harassed various kids. My sarcasm and "wit" have also provoked numerous altercations. Needless to say, I'm happy to have escaped school without being shot by a fed up student.
Canucks_Fantasy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Dawinner127 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:38 pm

When I was in Middle School (this particular incident was when I was in 8th grade), I used to get bullied a ton. I used to get the,"Oh, hey! Look at the short little fat kid" comments. It didn't really bother me that much, but one day, I was going through some hard times at home and in school one kid was really pissing me off with the fat comments. So I had enough of it and ended up just pounding him right in the face. Ya know, the right-left-right combination to the face. When I did it I was shocked because I am normally the kid who is always laid back and normally stuff like that doesn't bother me.
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 69)

Postby JasonSeahorn » Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:07 pm

I used to have a big problem with a certain bully.

See, my mother and I moved to a new house in LA. While I was chilling at the beach and getting a nice tan I met this cute girl and we started chatting...but her meat-head boyfriend came over and challenged me to a fight. I knew some karate at the time but that guy was just better trained so he promptly handed my ass to me. I was broken down and in tears.

I went to the local karate dojo, known as the Kobra Kai. Funny coincidence, the jealous boyfriend went there too and he was a hotshot. Him and his friends kept making fun of me, so I thought it would be funny to pull a prank on them. Boy was I wrong...him and his friends were kicking my ass again when a nice old man named Mr. Igayim saved my life. That old man kicked all of their asses! He saw that I knew something about karate but that I needed a lot of training if I wanted to really understand it, so he took me under his wing. Mr. Igayim tried to get the Kobra Kai sensei to stop the boyfriend from harassing me but it was no hope. Mr. Igayim said my only hope for standing up for myself was to enter and win the local karate tournament.

At first I thought the training was dumb, he had me waxing cars and painting fences! But little did I realize, he was actually training my muscles in the motions I needed to perform basic skills that I needed! I worked long and hard for the tournament, and Mr. Igayim became a kind of father to me because my father was long gone at this point.

And just so you know, I kicked ass at that tournament. I knocked out the boyfriend with a special kick I learned where I took the pose of a Krane. Mr. Igayim looked at me with pride in his face and told me "You're the best around! Nothing's ever gonna keep you down! You're the best around! Nothing's ever gonna keep you down! You're the best around! Nothing's ever gonna keep you dooowwwnnnnn!"

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby knapplc » Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:10 pm

See, my mother and I moved to a new house in LA. While I was chilling at the beach

I could name that movie in 1 1/2 sentences. ;-)
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Canucks_Fantasy » Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:15 pm

JasonSeahorn wrote:I used to have a big problem with a certain bully.

See, my mother and I moved to a new house in LA. While I was chilling at the beach and getting a nice tan I met this cute girl and we started chatting...but her meat-head boyfriend came over and challenged me to a fight. I knew some karate at the time but that guy was just better trained so he promptly handed my ass to me. I was broken down and in tears.

I went to the local karate dojo, known as the Kobra Kai. Funny coincidence, the jealous boyfriend went there too and he was a hotshot. Him and his friends kept making fun of me, so I thought it would be funny to pull a prank on them. Boy was I wrong...him and his friends were kicking my ass again when a nice old man named Mr. Igayim saved my life. That old man kicked all of their asses! He saw that I knew something about karate but that I needed a lot of training if I wanted to really understand it, so he took me under his wing. Mr. Igayim tried to get the Kobra Kai sensei to stop the boyfriend from harassing me but it was no hope. Mr. Igayim said my only hope for standing up for myself was to enter and win the local karate tournament.

At first I thought the training was dumb, he had me waxing cars and painting fences! But little did I realize, he was actually training my muscles in the motions I needed to perform basic skills that I needed! I worked long and hard for the tournament, and Mr. Igayim became a kind of father to me because my father was long gone at this point.

And just so you know, I kicked ass at that tournament. I knocked out the boyfriend with a special kick I learned where I took the pose of a Krane. Mr. Igayim looked at me with pride in his face and told me "You're the best around! Nothing's ever gonna keep you down! You're the best around! Nothing's ever gonna keep you down! You're the best around! Nothing's ever gonna keep you dooowwwnnnnn!"

:-b

Pretty boring night I take it? :-D
Canucks_Fantasy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby JasonSeahorn » Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:24 pm

Canucks_Fantasy wrote:

:-b

Pretty boring night I take it? :-D

Yeah Tuesday nights tend to be uneventful for me :-t

Damn knapp I thought people would at least need to read up to the Kobra Kai part, you are pretty good :-b

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to General Talk