Watcha watching on the boob tube? (talk about tv shows) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Watcha watching on the boob tube? (talk about tv shows)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Watcha watching on the boob tube? (talk about tv shows)

Postby treat24 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:41 pm

There is probably a thread on it... dream?

I know lots of shows have their own threads, Just wanted to make this to see if there are shows I am missing that are truly awesome. I don't miss a lot of shows, but occasionally I do...

I was really diggin' some of the new shows this year, but they have started trailing off for me already. DVR'd but haven't watched My Own Worst Enemy yet... anyone seen it?
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Re: Watcha watching on the boob tube?

Postby Metroid » Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:44 pm

I haven't seen it....I haven't had time to watch much TV at all that isn't sports. :,-(
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby knapplc » Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:56 pm

We recorded a show last night called 'Time Warp.' It's a concept that's been done, but it seemed interesting enough. Here are the two half-hour segments we recorded, and will probably watch tonight:

Stone Breaking
Time Warp cameras capture the force of a Kun Tao master breaking stone slabs. Mad scientists take the backyard trick of creating Diet Coke and Mentos geysers to astounding new heights. A frisbee dog shows off her acrobatic skills in super slow motion.

Will it Blend?
The Time Warp team's cameras capture the magic of juggling -- from balls to running chainsaws! The team then puts all sorts of things you really shouldn't in a blender...ike butane lighters. And they break a beer bottle with only their hands.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:00 pm

Oh I wanted to mention that I actually just finished watching every episode of the Office that available on Netflix. I had only seen one episode before and I ran through the series in a few weeks. That show is genius. ;-D

I haven't caught any of the new season and probably wont, I have a hard time watching shows while they're running. Has anybody seen the new season? Is it as good as expected? :-?
Metroid

Postby treat24 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:00 pm

knapplc wrote:We recorded a show last night called 'Time Warp.' It's a concept that's been done, but it seemed interesting enough. Here are the two half-hour segments we recorded, and will probably watch tonight:

Stone Breaking
Time Warp cameras capture the force of a Kun Tao master breaking stone slabs. Mad scientists take the backyard trick of creating Diet Coke and Mentos geysers to astounding new heights. A frisbee dog shows off her acrobatic skills in super slow motion.

Will it Blend?
The Time Warp team's cameras capture the magic of juggling -- from balls to running chainsaws! The team then puts all sorts of things you really shouldn't in a blender...ike butane lighters. And they break a beer bottle with only their hands.

sounds interesting... what channel? :-)
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby treat24 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:02 pm

Metroid wrote:Oh I wanted to mention that I actually just finished watching every episode of the Office that available on Netflix. I had only seen one episode before and I ran through the series in a few weeks. That show is genius. ;-D

I haven't caught any of the new season and probably wont, I have a hard time watching shows while they're running. Has anybody seen the new season? Is it as good as expected? :-?

arguably the best sitcom on tv.

http://www.fancast.com/tv/The-Office/7370/main

weight loss is episode 1 and 2
business ethics is episode 3...

I know you don't like watching along, but you can marathon them after they are done and before the dvds are out :)
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Dan Lambskin » Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:16 pm

here are the shows i'm currenly watching (note: i may be some episodes behind)

Mad Men (if you arent watching this you should check it out)
True Blood
Entourage
Heroes
Prison Break
Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles
House
Fringe
Dirty Sexy Money
CSI
Eli Stone
Pushing Daises
Desperate Housewives (w/ the wife)
Grey's Annatomy (again...w/ the wife)
Life On Mars (DVR'd, havent seen yet)
My Own Worst Enemy (same as above)
Always Sunny In Philadelphia
Bizarre Foods
South Park
The Wire - Season 1 on DVD
Dexter - Season 2 on DVD
Star Wars: Clone Wars

think that's it but it's possible i'm missing something
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Metroid » Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:18 pm

treat24 wrote:
Metroid wrote:Oh I wanted to mention that I actually just finished watching every episode of the Office that available on Netflix. I had only seen one episode before and I ran through the series in a few weeks. That show is genius. ;-D

arguably the best sitcom on tv.

http://www.fancast.com/tv/The-Office/7370/main

weight loss is episode 1 and 2
business ethics is episode 3...

I know you don't like watching along, but you can marathon them after they are done and before the dvds are out :)

Cool. If I get the crap i need to get done today doe early enough I might check out those episodes. ;-D
Metroid

Postby treat24 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:22 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:Life On Mars (DVR'd, havent seen yet)

I watch many of those Dan, some I don't but I should check out. I singled this out because the premier was quality. I believe it's on tonight or tomorrow night, forget which, but that first episode was well worth it. Seems like the premise woulda made a good movie, we'll see how long they can stretch it. Honestly, the first episode reminded me of Quantum Leap in a way. Watch it and I think you'll understand what I mean.

Quality list there :)
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Guru13 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:26 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:here are the shows i'm currenly watching (note: i may be some episodes behind)

Mad Men (if you arent watching this you should check it out)
True Blood
Entourage
Heroes
Prison Break
Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles
House
Fringe
Dirty Sexy Money
CSI
Eli Stone
Pushing Daises
Desperate Housewives (w/ the wife)
Grey's Annatomy (again...w/ the wife)
Life On Mars (DVR'd, havent seen yet)
My Own Worst Enemy (same as above)
Always Sunny In Philadelphia
Bizarre Foods
South Park
The Wire - Season 1 on DVD
Dexter - Season 2 on DVD
Star Wars: Clone Wars

think that's it but it's possible i'm missing something

good call on Bizarre foods, I really dig that show.

I pretty much watch like 3 or four shows: Mythbusters, South Park, The Colbert Report and Bizarre Foods. I'm pretty content. :-b ;-D

edit: how could I forget the office, I don't get to see it on the tube much but some of my friends have the seasons on DVD so I watch what I can, great stuff.
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Next

Return to General Talk