Favorite Present and Past NFL Player? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Favorite Present and Past NFL Player?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Favorite Present and Past NFL Player?

Postby Daniel Josh » Sun May 27, 2012 11:04 pm

Who is your favorite present and past NFL player?
My favorite present player is Philip Rivers, since he's holding my Chargers team together.
My favorite past player would have to be Walter Payton, the man was unstoppable, and also showed the most heart and desire of anyone I've ever seen.
Daniel Josh
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Favorite Present and Past NFL Player?

Postby dream_017 » Wed May 30, 2012 10:37 am

Past - Tie between Walter Payton and Barry Sanders
Present - Tough for me since I don't really root for many individual players - I'm more of a team guy now; but if I had to choose it would be Calvin Johnson
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 70)

Postby scottaa1 » Wed May 30, 2012 11:55 am

Favorite player of the past would be Marino. I lived in south Florida for a number of years of his career and idolized him.

Up to a few months ago favorite current player without hesitation would have been Peyton. I still think he is the standard of class and work ethic that all others should be judged by. I suppose he's still my favorite up until such time as I can get a local favorite again.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby Daniel Josh » Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:04 am

Peyton was really his whole team his whole career. He practically coached them. You saw how everything fell apart when he left. I think the Broncos made an amazing pick up.
Daniel Josh
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby m16a » Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:32 pm

Historically, Barry Sanders. The Human Highlight Reel was something else to see. "Historically" would be LT2. He's probably done. Dominated his time, and I had him on my squad his big year. Brian Dawkins is another historical player than is absolutely awesome in my mind.

Currently, probably LeSean McCoy. Eagles fan bias, but he is just a fun player to watch.
Props to Deluxe for the sig
There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.
- Goethe
m16a

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby logan » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:22 pm

Past would be Derrick Thomas. He's the whole reason I became a Chiefs fan all those years ago although Walter Payton is right up there with him.

Present I guess I'll stick withthe homerism and say it's a toss up between Jamal Charles and Eric Berry (guess I'm going for the all ACL pick here).
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby joejlitz » Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:30 pm

m16a wrote:Historically, Barry Sanders. The Human Highlight Reel was something else to see. "Historically" would be LT2. He's probably done. Dominated his time, and I had him on my squad his big year. Brian Dawkins is another historical player than is absolutely awesome in my mind.

Currently, probably LeSean McCoy. Eagles fan bias, but he is just a fun player to watch.

My historical guy is...the early 90s Eagles defense. Ok. That's not fair. But m16 - if you were old enough you would have loved to watch Andre "Dirty" Waters (I dusted off my sig for ya). He was the heart and soul of that Eagles D and at SS, he played just like BDawk. So Waters is my favorite guy of the past, but also on that team were Reggie White, Jerome Brown, Seth Joyner...

Currently, hard to say. I love D-players and especially line backers, but the Birds have been thin at LB for a while now. I guess I would have to say Arian Foster would be my favorite player to watch these days. Everytime he runs with or catches the football, he is a threat to score. For someone with more sustained success that is currently playing, I would say Drew Brees.
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby Guru13 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:13 pm

Past - now that he's retired I can say LT, Had I been a football fan (and old enough I suppose) when Barry Sanders played he probably would've been my choice but LT dominated the game in San Diego and was so much fun to watch.

Present - Even though him and LT aren't terribly far apart in age, Steven Jackson. I'm a bit of a Rams fan so I'm a bit biased but he's been the heart and soul of the Rams' offense for years and has been an absolute beast the whole time despite being on absolutely terrible football teams. He doesn't get near enough credit.
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby moochman » Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:52 pm

Past - Barry Sanders hands down. Made being a Lions fan enjoyable. Never have seen any player that consistantly made me shake my head in disbelief. No one compares.
Present - Hard for me not to chose Megatron, but I will. In a homer-centric pick, I chose Matthew Stafford. This cat has an absolute gun and is starting to show some poise. Needs only to stay healthy and have Megatron & Pettigrew around to be exciting every Sunday. Take the fan away and I go with Brees barely over Stafford. maybe.

Who do you think was and is the most impactful player?
Historicly - Broadway Joe Namath. No player had a greater impact on the game.
Present - Gronk. Redefining FFB draft strategies as we now contemplate drafting a TE in the first round.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby Dplymkr88 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:56 pm

Past: Michael Irvin
Present: either DeMarcus Ware or Jason Witten.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Still looking for that Eagles trophy case...

Dplymkr88
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 24)

Next

Return to General Talk