Transitional Moments of Our Lives - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Transitional Moments of Our Lives

Moderator: Football Moderators

Transitional Moments of Our Lives

Postby danleroi22 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:43 pm

Good evening (or perhaps morning?) to you all.

Many of you may remember me from a while back. I used to frequent these forums with quite an addiction, but the past few years as an undergraduate at The Florida State University took over my life, and without a solid group of FF players around me, I ceased to be involved with these forums (much to my sadness...)

I am happy to say that this year I am rejoining the game of Fantasy Football, as I have just joined a league with a friend. I look forward to being around here more often to get some much needed advice... I've basically been away from the game for 5 years and need quite a refresher.

I am so happy to see many of the old faces still around this place, I look forward to renewing my interaction!

This has been such a transitional set of weeks/months/years in my life. I got married a little over a year ago, just moved to Boston, MA, to attend graduate school, and I have made so many new friends/family throughout the processes. What transitions are ya'll going through? In any case, I hope that you can grow from them, as I hope to continue to.

Glad to be back in this game, and hope to talk with ya'll regularly.
Questions or Comments? Feel free to PM me.

I know that I've been given more than beyond measure.
danleroi22
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Transitional Moments of Our Lives

Postby dream_017 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:45 am

Welcome back Dan ;-D Glad to have you around again.

Still involved in fantasy and football in general...just not as much as I would like sometimes. As the kids get older (now 6 and 8), I have less free time to just sit and post my fantasy thoughts.
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 60)

Postby m16a » Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:11 am

Ditto to what dream said, dan. It's great to have you back. Times change, but that doesn't mean you can throw in a little fun with football now and then. Hope to see ya around once again. ;-D
Props to Deluxe for the sig
There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.
- Goethe
m16a

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:46 am

dream_017 wrote:Welcome back Dan ;-D Glad to have you around again.

Still involved in fantasy and football in general...just not as much as I would like sometimes. As the kids get older (now 6 and 8), I have less free time to just sit and post my fantasy thoughts.

m16a wrote:Ditto to what dream said, dan. It's great to have you back. Times change, but that doesn't mean you can throw in a little fun with football now and then. Hope to see ya around once again. ;-D

What they said, minus the kids. :-b ;-D

Glad to hear that you're doing well Dan. ;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:25 am

Glad to see you around again Dan ;-D
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby stomperrob » Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:47 pm

Welcome back! ;-D ;-D
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby lmcjaho » Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:52 pm

Nice to see you again Dan. My lack of participation around here these days is mostly due to my lack of a job with constant internet access like I used to have. Now that I actually have to take time from my free time to come on and post I find myself lacking the interest to do so frequently and constantly like I used to. I'm sure sooner or later I'll get back in the mainstream office-work business again and then I'll probably use this (and other) forum(s) to escape the dreary day-to-day more often ;-7
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby joejlitz » Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:55 am

danleroi22 wrote:I've basically been away from the game for 5 years and need quite a refresher.

Kickers. They are all the rage these days. Scoop one up by the 5th or you will get stuck.

Weclome back and congrats on the degree, marriage, and success.
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby danleroi22 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:54 pm

joejlitz wrote:
danleroi22 wrote:I've basically been away from the game for 5 years and need quite a refresher.

Kickers. They are all the rage these days. Scoop one up by the 5th or you will get stuck.

Weclome back and congrats on the degree, marriage, and success.

Thanks for the tip... ;-D

Wait... so rather than taking Henery in the 6th I should have jumped on a a better kicker earlier...? My pick was too late? :~(
Questions or Comments? Feel free to PM me.

I know that I've been given more than beyond measure.
danleroi22
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby The Lung » Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:02 pm

Holy crap, what a blast from the past! Welcome back, buddy. ;-D
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Next

Return to General Talk