Brian Dawkins - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Philadelphia Eagles

Brian Dawkins

Moderator: Football Moderators

Brian Dawkins

Postby Big Bang » Mon May 14, 2012 5:34 am

Well ... doesn't look like this forum has been used in about two years, but I'll give it a shot anyway. Seems like football won't be the same this season as Brian Dawkins retired in Philly a few weeks ago. I've got to think they guy is HoF destined. First Ballot though?
Big Bang
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Brian Dawkins

Postby joejlitz » Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:28 am

Hard to say. As an Eagles fan, I am biased and would say hell yeah.

Objectively, the guy was a force on the field and off the field and the Hall likes that. On the field, he was selected to the NFL's All-Decade Team for 2000-2009. I think that is huge - to be recognized by the NFL as one of the best for an entire decade should lead to HOF selection. In addition, he racked up 9 Pro Bowls and 6 All-Pro selections.

Off the field, he won the Whizzer Man of the Year Award in 2008, selected by the NFLPA for his work in community service.

So, he has the cred to get in. First ballot, though? Cris Carter is still trying to get in and he led the NFL in a few all-time receiving categories, so you never know what the committee is gonna do. :-o
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Philadelphia Eagles