The End of an Era - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Seattle Seahawks

The End of an Era

Moderator: Football Moderators

The End of an Era

Postby biju » Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:58 pm

With the signing of Tarvaris Jackson and Matt Leinart it looks like we're probably days away from either the Titans or Dolphins signing Matt Hasselbeck.

While Hasselbeck's numbers have certainly not been stellar the past few seasons, he was clearly the best QB Seattle has ever had and has provided this city with a Superbowl appearance, many division titles, and one of the greatest playoff upsets in football history.

Thanks for the memories Matt. One day we'll add you to our Ring of Honor, I guarantee it. ;-D
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Re: The End of an Era

Postby SeaWolf » Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:08 pm

biju wrote:With the signing of Tarvaris Jackson and Matt Leinart it looks like we're probably days away from either the Titans or Dolphins signing Matt Hasselbeck.

While Hasselbeck's numbers have certainly not been stellar the past few seasons, he was clearly the best QB Seattle has ever had and has provided this city with a Superbowl appearance, many division titles, and one of the greatest playoff upsets in football history.

Thanks for the memories Matt. One day we'll add you to our Ring of Honor, I guarantee it. ;-D

The best QB in Seahawk's history. :,-(

He IS past his prime, BUT is Jackson or Leinert better than an over the hill Hasselbeck?
Sporting events are family events. If you can't watch your language for 3 hours then stay home.
SeaWolf
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby biju » Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:04 am

SeaWolf wrote:He IS past his prime, BUT is Jackson or Leinert better than an over the hill Hasselbeck?

While I do truly believe every team in the NFL is trying to win "today", this is a clear plan to get us to next year when there will be many more 1st round draftable QBs. And not the way 2011 turned out, where I think maybe one of two of these guys really should have gone in the first day...

That said, I think Jackson understands Bevell's offense enough to be an asset in a transition year. T-Jack has had some good games too, and maybe it was more on Chilly's head than it was on Jackson's head...

Just some wishful thinking I suppose. :-o
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby SeaWolf » Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:09 am

biju wrote:While I do truly believe every team in the NFL is trying to win "today", this is a clear plan to get us to next year when there will be many more 1st round draftable QBs. And not the way 2011 turned out, where I think maybe one of two of these guys really should have gone in the first day...

To rephrase, expect an awful year and a top ten draft pick in the 2012 draft. ;-)
Sporting events are family events. If you can't watch your language for 3 hours then stay home.
SeaWolf
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby iky » Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:08 pm

Hello, Mr. biju. I'm glad to see you on the board alive and well! And I'm always glad to be here by your side watching your beloved football team crumble down. Even Matt didn't want to be a part of that mess. Anyways, we'll see how this "Great Shuffle" will turn out for all of our teams.

soty is tha man!
iky
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby iky » Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:10 pm

iky wrote:Hello, Mr. biju. I'm glad to see you on the board alive and well! And I'm always glad to be here by your side watching your beloved football team crumble down. Even Matt didn't want to be a part of that mess. Anyways, we'll see how this "Great Shuffle" will turn out for all of our teams.

Oh my goodness, I better switch my sig 8-o

soty is tha man!
iky
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby biju » Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:23 pm

iky wrote:Hello, Mr. biju. I'm glad to see you on the board alive and well! And I'm always glad to be here by your side watching your beloved football team crumble down. Even Matt didn't want to be a part of that mess. Anyways, we'll see how this "Great Shuffle" will turn out for all of our teams.

Crumble down? We're a young team with a good strong nucleus of players on both the offensive and defensive side of the ball (second youngest in the NFL). Compare that to the Cardinals who are one of the older teams in the league, have not addressed their O-line properly (again) and just traded the farm for an unproven--and at times last season ugly--QB in Kevin Kolb. Beanie Wells' knees must be made of Triscuits as he's snap in half again before the season starts. Whizenhunt is probably about 5 months away from getting fired.

Are we going to win the Superbowl this year? No. Are we going to beat the living crap out of the Cardinals this year? Yes, twice.
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby iky » Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:16 am

biju wrote:

Crumble down? We're a young team with a good strong nucleus of players on both the offensive and defensive side of the ball (second youngest in the NFL). Compare that to the Cardinals who are one of the older teams in the league, have not addressed their O-line properly (again) and just traded the farm for an unproven--and at times last season ugly--QB in Kevin Kolb. Beanie Wells' knees must be made of Triscuits as he's snap in half again before the season starts. Whizenhunt is probably about 5 months away from getting fired.

Are we going to win the Superbowl this year? No. Are we going to beat the living crap out of the Cardinals this year? Yes, twice.

I made you eat your words once, now it's gonna have to be twice :) Hows that loss to the 9ers feel, Stinkhawk boy?

soty is tha man!
iky
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby iky » Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:26 am

biju in case you forgot
http://www.nflrush.com/video/seahawks/960
and here's the thread I'm referring to
viewtopic.php?t=455631&hilit=biju&start=20
Remember me, GUY?

soty is tha man!
iky
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby biju » Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:35 pm

iky wrote:
biju wrote:

I made you eat your words once, now it's gonna have to be twice :) Hows that loss to the 9ers feel, Stinkhawk boy?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVzvRsl4rEM#t=51s
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Return to Seattle Seahawks