Keeper League: J. Garcia vs. S. Alexander - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Keeper League: J. Garcia vs. S. Alexander

Moderator: Football Moderators

Keeper League: J. Garcia vs. S. Alexander

Postby KnightsFB » Sun Aug 11, 2002 2:05 pm

I am in a 16-team (formerly 12-team) keeper league, with the option of keeping one player from the previous year. I am debating the merits of keeping Jeff Garcia vs. keeping Shaun Alexander. Things to consider: QBs earn 6 pts for touchdown pass....Garcia was my league's MVP last year....Garcia scored 376 pts in my league, while Alexander scored 235, but of course that was only 12 weeks' work....the league will be splitting into 2 conferences this season, and will have separate player pools, so I will only be drafting against 7 other owners...each owners gets 1 pick per round.....After 1st round (keeper round), my 2nd round pick will be dead last. Also to consider--I also have Marvin Harrison, who was the top receiver in my league, but in my mind the decision to keep comes down to Garcia and Alexander. Any input on this would be greatly appreciated, as draft day is next Saturday!
KnightsFB
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Postby cwebb » Sun Aug 11, 2002 2:58 pm

Hi KnightsFB, sounds like a very interesting and competitive league you're in. Which doesn't make the decision easier.

Alexander should easily match last year's numbers and I love RBs, but it's hard to argue against Garcia's MVP numbers... I don't think any decision you make can be wrong, both players are young and absolute studs.

Considering the points output from last season I'd keep Garcia and get RBs the next 2 rounds
cwebb
Bouncer
Bouncer

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Arlo » Sun Aug 11, 2002 5:27 pm

That's a nice problem to have. :-) It's a tough call, but either choice will give you an excellent player to build a team around. All things considered, I'd also go with Garcia, based on your scoring system. There's no reason to expect Garcia to slow down this year.
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby terpfan » Sun Aug 11, 2002 7:05 pm

I love Shaun Alexander myself and in a scoring system that didnt favor QBs Id take Shaun in a heart beat.

Still I dont think Id keep him over the top scorer in your league.
Going with Garcia seems like your best option.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby sportsaddict » Thu Sep 28, 2006 6:56 pm

Got this idea from the GT forum...

I really hope this dude didnt follow the advice and take Jeff Garcia. boy, would that have been a mistake...
sportsaddict
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby moonhead » Thu Sep 28, 2006 6:58 pm

:-?

ibtl
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby SirDunkALot » Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:09 pm

Why bump a 4 year old topic? o_O.
SirDunkALot
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby SniperShot » Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:13 pm

Heh this threw me off for a few seconds but very awesome to see. (that thread in GT might have given some bad ideas...) If too many of these threads get bumped it will get crazy but this was a good read. ;-D
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby moonhead » Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:23 pm

wut thread in GT?
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Return to Football Talk