Players I have officially given up on... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Players I have officially given up on...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Players I have officially given up on...

Postby Paladyr » Wed Oct 20, 2004 2:55 pm

I'd like to take the time to let you all know who I've given up on this year, and expect to do next to nothing for the remainder of the year. I would drop any of these players to the WR for ANYTHING with upside. This is a 10 man 2 player keeper league.

1. Jerry Porter - Collins or Gannon, doesn't matter, he's a bust
2. Donte Stallworth - It's just not happening like it was supposed to. If you keep telling yourself "oh well last weak this appendage bothered him", or "this week they are playing a really weak defense", you'll end up playing an unproductive player weak in and weak out for the rest of the season, waiting for him to bust out.
3. Koren Robinson - I absolutely did not want to draft him but had to. The guy just can't catch balls and I don't care what he did last week, he's not going to put up big numbers... EVER. I thought this way BEFORE the suspension talks came but was trying to sell him. No one would buy.
4. Chris Chambers - The guy has talent, but the offense in Miami is just horrid.
5. Peerless Price - He was a bust before the season even started, and still is. I stayed far away from him draft day. Very droppable.

I've already dropped 1 through 3, 4-5 I just mentioned because I remembered them also. Last year, none of the receivers that were unproductive for 3 straight games did much of anything the rest of the year. That's part of how I came to the conclusions above. Feel free to add your own.
Paladyr
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Turd Burglar » Wed Oct 20, 2004 2:59 pm

I agree re: Stallworth and Price. I managed to trade Price earlier in the season when it was clear he'd be sucking, and will probably drop Stallworth soon.

Perhaps also add Barlow to the list? He might do better if he stays healthy and Rattay keeps defenses honest with the passing game, but I wouldn't want to take that chance.
Turd Burglar
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Plindsey88 » Wed Oct 20, 2004 2:59 pm

Luckily, with the exception of Chambers, those are all players I gave up on last season and opted not to draft...

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby skinsfan » Wed Oct 20, 2004 3:00 pm

I have given up on: SMoss, Price, DDavis, Griffin, Duckett, and Brunell amongst others.
Skins fan through thick and thin.
skinsfan
General Manager
General Manager

Postby jetsflagboyz » Wed Oct 20, 2004 3:06 pm

I still have Porter at the bottom of my roster. Gave up on TJ Duckett.

I also gave up on Boo Williams at the beginning of the season and picked up some undrafted no name...Eric Johnson, worked out pretty well.
jetsflagboyz
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby tomkatt » Wed Oct 20, 2004 3:06 pm

On the subject of Chambers, I'm still considering dropping him this week. My 4 WR's are AJ, Plax, Gardner, & Chambers. The first three are on bye this week, so I'll be letting Gardner go..... may just cut Gardner AND Chambers. I'm planning on starting AJ and Plax the rest of the way. Roethlisberger seems to have Plax in his crosshairs quite a bit. Chambers has a world of talent, but with that O-line... jeez. I'll be searchin the free agent pool this week. :-o
"Sometime during the Pats game last week, I decided that Tomlinson was the best overall running back of my lifetime. There's nothing he can't do: deadly receiver, tough inside runner, explosive to the outside, you name it." - ESPN's Bill Simmons
tomkatt
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Aristotle » Wed Oct 20, 2004 3:15 pm

I finally dropped Chambers this week. His stats look even worse when you consider that one of those TDs was a freak play that wasn't intended for him.
Unit
Corps
Tiki Barber
God
Country
Aristotle
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby lazers » Wed Oct 20, 2004 3:16 pm

what about Coles, evn if he didn't have a bad finger I don't think he would be doing much
"I'm Rick James B*%$#"
lazers
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby BrutallyHuge » Wed Oct 20, 2004 3:18 pm

Ricky Williams
Barry Sanders
Troy Aikman

I gave up on them. I thought they'd un-retire.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby jetsflagboyz » Wed Oct 20, 2004 3:21 pm

almost forgot about Onterio Smith....dropped him
jetsflagboyz
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Next