Stallworth gets 14 looks and gets 34 yrds! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Stallworth gets 14 looks and gets 34 yrds!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby warrick95 » Wed Oct 20, 2004 3:45 pm

Plindsey88 wrote:How long does this guy have to suck before Pathon or Lewis gets a shot... I remember they yanked him last year... Why not this year?

Lewis doesn't really have the size to be a starting receiver. He's 5-8 173...seems like a much better slot receiver. Pathon's possible, but he doesn't have the gamebreaking ability of Stallworth. I think they'll be more patient with him this season. He had a better attitude at camp, too, reportedly.
"The son of Bobby Bowden once again proved he's as predictable as a Julia Roberts' movie.

And upon further review, just as sappy, too."
-Naples Daily News
warrick95
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Trying to clog the leaky Bengals defense with plastic putty...

Postby Plindsey88 » Wed Oct 20, 2004 3:49 pm

warrick95 wrote:
Plindsey88 wrote:How long does this guy have to suck before Pathon or Lewis gets a shot... I remember they yanked him last year... Why not this year?

Lewis doesn't really have the size to be a starting receiver. He's 5-8 173...seems like a much better slot receiver. Pathon's possible, but he doesn't have the gamebreaking ability of Stallworth. I think they'll be more patient with him this season. He had a better attitude at camp, too, reportedly.

But that doesn't change the fact that Christopher Reeves had better hands...

OK, that was uncalled for.... But you get my point.... 8-o

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Ricky_Christ » Wed Oct 20, 2004 3:52 pm

Dude, Christopher Reeves? Too soon, too soon. :-t
Praise Ricky!
Ricky_Christ
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Plindsey88 » Wed Oct 20, 2004 3:54 pm

Ricky_Christ wrote:Dude, Christopher Reeves? Too soon, too soon. :-t

This from a guy that has Ricky Williams wearing a crown of thorns as his avatar and calls himself Ricky Christ... LOL....

I know it was a bit over the top.... My bad... ;-)

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Wed Oct 20, 2004 3:55 pm

wow. haha.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby josebach » Wed Oct 20, 2004 4:28 pm

Plindsey88 wrote:

This from a guy that has Ricky Williams wearing a crown of thorns as his avatar and calls himself Ricky Christ... LOL....

Yeah, but Ricky didn't just die. ;-)

Actually, after I heard that Christopher Reeves died, I immediately thought of the "Stem Cell" South Park episode and wondered if Matt and Trey felt bad. Anyone see that episode? I've never felt so guilty about laughing at something.
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby no1cowboysfan » Wed Oct 20, 2004 4:38 pm

josebach wrote:
Plindsey88 wrote:

Actually, after I heard that Christopher Reeves died, I immediately thought of the "Stem Cell" South Park episode and wondered if Matt and Trey felt bad. Anyone see that episode? I've never felt so guilty about laughing at something.

Same here, thought of it immediately when it happened. Didn't feel guilty for laughing, probably still will laugh if I see it again. People always reflect on the finer qualities when people die... I'm of course not saying we should get together and rejoice at the man's death... that's left for Saddam and Osama. But Reeves did use stem cells to prolong his life... and many people think he's in Hell right now for that (not me... but many do). What South Park did was blow the situation out of perportion, as they always do. They do that to show people just how rediculous we are about.. everything, really. I'm sure they don't feel remorse...

This guy I'm sure doesn't have remorse with what he did... but maybe he should. Of course, this article has since been changed... you should have seen it before Reeves died. But this guy, like South park, blows everything out of perportion...

http://maddox.xmission.com/c.cgi?u=creeve

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby 34=Sweetness » Wed Oct 20, 2004 4:51 pm

no1cowboysfan wrote:
josebach wrote:
Plindsey88 wrote:

Same here, thought of it immediately when it happened. Didn't feel guilty for laughing, probably still will laugh if I see it again. People always reflect on the finer qualities when people die... I'm of course not saying we should get together and rejoice at the man's death... that's left for Saddam and Osama. But Reeves did use stem cells to prolong his life... and many people think he's in Hell right now for that (not me... but many do). What South Park did was blow the situation out of perportion, as they always do. They do that to show people just how rediculous we are about.. everything, really. I'm sure they don't feel remorse...

This guy I'm sure doesn't have remorse with what he did... but maybe he should. Of course, this article has since been changed... you should have seen it before Reeves died. But this guy, like South park, blows everything out of perportion...

http://maddox.xmission.com/c.cgi?u=creeve
And how right Maddox is. I hate how people are calling him a legendary actor. Legendary quadrapelegic is more fitting, because thats what he will always be remembered for.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Ricky_Christ » Wed Oct 20, 2004 5:32 pm

A girl recently forced me to sit through Somewhere In Time, and believe me I have no love lost on Christopher Reeves after that experience.

I just think we should wait a couple more weeks before he start making fun of the man. Then it's game on!!! ;-D

But we should definitely keep making fun of Stallworth! That schlub almost lost my game for me last week.
Praise Ricky!
Ricky_Christ
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mo » Wed Oct 20, 2004 5:54 pm

Yeah, I dropped this loser after last week's game. Picked up M Clayton instead. He can't be any worse, right?
QB S McNair, C Pennington
RB P Holmes, S Alexander, K Jones, M Moore
WR R Moss, D Jackson, H Ward, B Stokley, A Boldin, M Clayton
TE R McMichael
K D Akers
D Philadelphia
Mo
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk