Stallworth gets 14 looks and gets 34 yrds! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Stallworth gets 14 looks and gets 34 yrds!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby deluxe_247 » Wed Oct 20, 2004 6:27 pm

i drafted stallworth and dropped him by week 2 for brandon stokely. stallworth is just too unpredictable....and he looked horrible the other night :-t

10 MAN LEAGUE
qbs- aaron brooks, drew brees
rbs- shaun alexander, jamal lewis, curtis martin, chester taylor, mewelde moore
wrs- torry holt, hines ward, issac bruce, brandon stokely
te- alge crumpler
k- matt stover
def- ravens
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby no1cowboysfan » Wed Oct 20, 2004 6:28 pm

34=Sweetness wrote:
no1cowboysfan wrote:
josebach wrote:
Plindsey88 wrote:
Ricky_Christ wrote:Dude, Christopher Reeves? Too soon, too soon. :-t

This from a guy that has Ricky Williams wearing a crown of thorns as his avatar and calls himself Ricky Christ... LOL....

Yeah, but Ricky didn't just die. ;-)

Actually, after I heard that Christopher Reeves died, I immediately thought of the "Stem Cell" South Park episode and wondered if Matt and Trey felt bad. Anyone see that episode? I've never felt so guilty about laughing at something.

Same here, thought of it immediately when it happened. Didn't feel guilty for laughing, probably still will laugh if I see it again. People always reflect on the finer qualities when people die... I'm of course not saying we should get together and rejoice at the man's death... that's left for Saddam and Osama. But Reeves did use stem cells to prolong his life... and many people think he's in Hell right now for that (not me... but many do). What South Park did was blow the situation out of perportion, as they always do. They do that to show people just how rediculous we are about.. everything, really. I'm sure they don't feel remorse...

This guy I'm sure doesn't have remorse with what he did... but maybe he should. Of course, this article has since been changed... you should have seen it before Reeves died. But this guy, like South park, blows everything out of perportion...

http://maddox.xmission.com/c.cgi?u=creeve
And how right Maddox is. I hate how people are calling him a legendary actor. Legendary quadrapelegic is more fitting, because thats what he will always be remembered for.

Sadly, that's how I feel about Rick James. No one will remember him as "Super Freak." No one will even remember him as "the coke head." He is forever immortalized in a comedy sketch based on him...

"I'm Rick James, b*tch..."

And this has nothing to do with Stallworth. I like Stallworth... but yeah, he needs to step it up.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Ricky_Christ » Thu Oct 21, 2004 1:19 am

I certainly wouldn't drop him yet, he'd at least be more useful as trade fodder. I actually like his matchup in Oakland a lot, #2 wideouts have been very good against the Raiders. I just don't know if I trust him enough to start him again until he shows me something. I feel like Charlie Brown kicking that football... :~(
Praise Ricky!
Ricky_Christ
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby matmat » Thu Oct 21, 2004 1:29 am

in all honesty, some of those throws from brooks were aimed at the kid in the nosebleeds and donte' just happened to be the closest receiver. I wonder if they show the game film to Aaron after the game and ask: "who were you throwing it there, dude?"
How is my typing? Call 1-555-382-5968
Many posters could benefit from this.
matmat
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Football Talk