Larry Johnson - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Larry Johnson

Moderator: Football Moderators

Larry Johnson

Postby d_will » Wed Oct 20, 2004 3:44 pm

Is Larry Johnson a good keep in a keeper league for next year?
d_will
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Ricky_Christ » Wed Oct 20, 2004 3:45 pm

No.
Praise Ricky!
Ricky_Christ
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby warrick95 » Wed Oct 20, 2004 3:46 pm

Not a very strong one, in my opinion. KC's not too high on him and a trade would be the only real thing to help him. Still, he's not a very special back, in my opinion. Keeping McGahee, S. Jackson, etc. is smarter...
"The son of Bobby Bowden once again proved he's as predictable as a Julia Roberts' movie.

And upon further review, just as sappy, too."
-Naples Daily News
warrick95
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Trying to clog the leaky Bengals defense with plastic putty...

Postby Vlad the Impaler_ffc » Wed Oct 20, 2004 4:24 pm

LJ has shown me absolutely nothing since being in the NFL. The fact that nice guy Vermeil would publicly criticize him speaks volumes about LJ's work habits and dedication to get better. There are better sleeper options for keeper leagues, 2 of which are mentioned above.

LJ should get together with Tatum Bell. They could start a club known as overhyped RBs who have never done sh%t at the NFL level.

****Disclaimer****

I in no way mean to offend you fantasy owners clinging to the delusion that Bell will still pan out as Denver's feature back this year.
Vengeance is mine.
Vlad the Impaler_ffc
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby no1cowboysfan » Wed Oct 20, 2004 4:27 pm

Vlad the Impaler wrote:LJ has shown me absolutely nothing since being in the NFL. The fact that nice guy Vermeil would publicly criticize him speaks volumes about LJ's work habits and dedication to get better. There are better sleeper options for keeper leagues, 2 of which are mentioned above.

LJ should get together with Tatum Bell. They could start a club known as overhyped RBs who have never done sh%t at the NFL level.

****Disclaimer****

I in no way mean to offend you fantasy owners clinging to the delusion that Bell will still pan out as Denver's feature back this year.

Give them a chance! Is it there fault they aren't playing? LJ is behind everyone's #1 on the boards... and there are 53 RBs on Shanny's roster... give them a few years to ban out. Bell is still a rook, for crying out loud.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Flux » Wed Oct 20, 2004 4:51 pm

Vermeil is going to coach the rest of this year and next year. Look for Priest to retire with Vermeil.

LJ wont do anything (if at all) until 2006
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Vlad the Impaler_ffc » Wed Oct 20, 2004 5:17 pm

Give them a chance! Is it there fault they aren't playing? LJ is behind everyone's #1 on the boards... and there are 53 RBs on Shanny's roster... give them a few years to ban out. Bell is still a rook, for crying out loud.

Wait a few years for them to pan out? Are we still talking about fantasy football?
Vengeance is mine.
Vlad the Impaler_ffc
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby no1cowboysfan » Wed Oct 20, 2004 6:17 pm

Vlad the Impaler wrote:

Wait a few years for them to pan out? Are we still talking about fantasy football?

well, I for one never expected Bell or LJ to do anything this year. But if they are hyped, it is for years to come. Hyping them up this year is plain stupid.

As far as FF goes, I'd grab both in a heartbeat for a keeper league...

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby justinpsu1979 » Wed Oct 20, 2004 6:41 pm

Larry Johnson has never gotten a chance yet. Vermeil is a moron for drafting him and then telling him to take the diapers off. And he hasn't given him a chance with Priest there. He won't get a chance for years. It make no sense what so ever why they didnt trade him for a WR. I guess that is why the Chiefs don't have a bright future.
justinpsu1979
Water Boy
Water Boy

Return to Football Talk