Tice Paints House Packer Colors. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Tice Paints House Packer Colors.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Tice Paints House Packer Colors.

Postby Guttpuppy » Sat Jul 19, 2003 5:57 pm

Are reports that Vikings head coach Mike Tice painted his house in Packers colors credible?

Well, they are and they aren't. This is one of those cases where reporters have a tendency to not let the facts get in the way of a good story. Even if it takes a touch of whitewashing. The truth is that Tice bought a new home in the Twin Cities last summer, and had it painted in time to throw his now annual preseason party for members of the organization.

The colors he and his wife Diane picked out were canary yellow, with dark green shutters. Tice himself mentioned to his family that some might interpret the color scheme as being dangerously close to the green and gold of the Packers, the Vikings' most bitter NFC North rival. Still, the plan somehow received family approval, and a couple of coats of the familiar colors were applied.

"Isn't that [screwed] up?" Tice said this week. "Yeah, I do have a Packers house. As my daughter [Adrienne, 15] says, 'It's not really Packers colors,' but they're close. It does make for a good story. But at no point did I say I'm painting my house Packers colors or that I hate the Packers so much and this is going to remind me of it. But that's what the story has turned into."

One footnote: Tice needs no reminders of the Packers. His Vikings, who won their final three games last year in impressive fashion -- finishing 6-10 in his rookie season -- open their 2003 schedule at Lambeau Field on Sept. 7. Tice's "home" game against Green Bay isn't until Nov. 2.
Last edited by Guttpuppy on Sun Jul 20, 2003 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Homeless » Sat Jul 19, 2003 6:16 pm

HAHAHA even if its not packers colors, it sounds horrible.
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby Arlo » Sat Jul 19, 2003 6:36 pm

... said the man who lives here. :-D
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Homeless » Sat Jul 19, 2003 9:01 pm

I knew it !!! :-)
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby awwchrist » Sun Jul 20, 2003 1:15 am

seriously homey, your avatar gives me the creepies.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby MCG321 » Sun Jul 20, 2003 1:55 am

The avatar's polkadots match the house! ;-)
MCG321
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Guttpuppy » Sun Jul 20, 2003 2:59 am

MCG321 wrote:The avatar's polkadots match the house! ;-)

Indeed they do... :-?
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby terpfan » Sun Jul 20, 2003 9:53 am

hahaha homey those who live in green and purple polka-dotted houses should not throw stones...
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby kashikis » Sun Jul 20, 2003 1:06 pm

lol you asked for that one homey
No really, I'm not having a bad day.

What the hell.... is goin' on.... in the NFL?!
kashikis
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby DUKE » Mon Jul 21, 2003 11:16 am

Since this has turned into a "Homey Avatar" thread:
My almost 1yr. old nephew Caden(son of our own Nati2709) goes crazy when he sees Homey's Avatar. He starts clapping his hands and laughing. I was here @ a month ago with him on my lap, reading posts etc. I would come to a Homey post (b/c there's one in about every thread) and be reading it and Caden would start laughing and clapping ect. When I was done reading it and scrolled down to the next post Caden would cry and throw a fit. Then I'd scroll back up to the Homey Avatar and he'd start clapping and laughing again. I ended up just leaving it on Homey's avatar and he sat there and looked at it forever. Homey made a good babysitter that day. :-) I told Nati2709 about it and he said that Caden does the same thing when he's on the Cafe.
DUKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerInnovative Member

Next

Return to General Talk